Norton Internet Security 2005 - slows down computer??

Since installing this programme yesterday, my pc appears to have
slowed down considerably. Is this to be expected or have I done
something wrong? I am using Windows XP Home edition.

Pat Mahoney

Norton products have always had this effect on computers..

"Pat Mahoney" <patmahoney@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Since installing this programme yesterday, my pc appears to have
> slowed down considerably. Is this to be expected or have I done
> something wrong? I am using Windows XP Home edition.
>
> Pat Mahoney

I have Norton Internet Security running on 23 computers here, and it has not
slowed a single one of them down.

When you open a word document, it will be scanned by Norton Antivirus, and
thus take slightly longer to open. Other than this, there is no noticeable
performance loss on any of the machines.

I do not know how this myth of Norton slowing computers down ever got
started, or how it keeps getting perpetuated. I have used Norton products
for years, and while they are no longer as "compact" as they were in the
early days, they still don't adversely affect system performance.

Bobby

"Mike Hall" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Norton products have always had this effect on computers..
>

> "Pat Mahoney" <patmahoney@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> Since installing this programme yesterday, my pc appears to have
>> slowed down considerably. Is this to be expected or have I done
>> something wrong? I am using Windows XP Home edition.
>>
>> Pat Mahoney

Slow computer

Pat Mahoney wrote:
> Since installing this programme yesterday, my pc appears to have
> slowed down considerably. Is this to be expected or have I done
> something wrong? I am using Windows XP Home edition.
>
> Pat Mahoney

Depends on how much ram you have.
512+ you should be fine.

Older computers using newer, full versions of Norton products, will be
slowed down, only because its using system resources to keep everything
tight. It also uses a bit of your internet connection to keep in contact
with the Norton Servers.

A price most, including me, are willing to pay for the solid product.