Norton Internet Security 2005 - slows down computer??

Since installing this programme yesterday, my pc appears to have
slowed down considerably. Is this to be expected or have I done
something wrong? I am using Windows XP Home edition.

Pat Mahoney
4 answers Last reply
More about norton internet security 2005 slows computer

    Norton products have always had this effect on computers..

    "Pat Mahoney" <patmahoney@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Since installing this programme yesterday, my pc appears to have
    > slowed down considerably. Is this to be expected or have I done
    > something wrong? I am using Windows XP Home edition.
    >
    > Pat Mahoney

    I have Norton Internet Security running on 23 computers here, and it has not
    slowed a single one of them down.

    When you open a word document, it will be scanned by Norton Antivirus, and
    thus take slightly longer to open. Other than this, there is no noticeable
    performance loss on any of the machines.

    I do not know how this myth of Norton slowing computers down ever got
    started, or how it keeps getting perpetuated. I have used Norton products
    for years, and while they are no longer as "compact" as they were in the
    early days, they still don't adversely affect system performance.

    Bobby

    "Mike Hall" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Norton products have always had this effect on computers..
    >

    > "Pat Mahoney" <patmahoney@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >> Since installing this programme yesterday, my pc appears to have
    >> slowed down considerably. Is this to be expected or have I done
    >> something wrong? I am using Windows XP Home edition.
    >>
    >> Pat Mahoney

    Slow computer

    Pat Mahoney wrote:
    > Since installing this programme yesterday, my pc appears to have
    > slowed down considerably. Is this to be expected or have I done
    > something wrong? I am using Windows XP Home edition.
    >
    > Pat Mahoney

    Depends on how much ram you have.
    512+ you should be fine.

    Older computers using newer, full versions of Norton products, will be
    slowed down, only because its using system resources to keep everything
    tight. It also uses a bit of your internet connection to keep in contact
    with the Norton Servers.

    A price most, including me, are willing to pay for the solid product.

Internet Security Computers Norton Windows XP Product