Disable firewall from regestry settings in windows XP SP2

I need a regestry hack to disable the firewall in windows XP SP2.
Does anyone know how to accomplish this?
--
KB
3 answers Last reply

    KB wrote:

    > I need a regestry hack to disable the firewall in windows XP SP2.
    > Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

    You don't need to do this in the registry. Just disable the service.
    Start>Run services.msc [enter] and scroll down to the Windows Firewall
    Service. Stop it and disable it.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Is there a special reason why you want to accomplish this by such means?

    In article <zenBd.657569$%k.170869@pd7tw2no>, th54@hotmail.com says...
    > Is there a special reason why you want to accomplish this by such means?

    I'm not the OP, but I disable it on every managed DOMAIN member at every
    client - the damn thing is a pain in the arse when it comes to providing
    remote support.

    spamfree999@rrohio.com
    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

Security Windows XP Firewalls Microsoft