Disable firewall from regestry settings in windows XP SP2

December 31, 2004 4:09:01 PM

I need a regestry hack to disable the firewall in windows XP SP2.
Does anyone know how to accomplish this?
--
KB
December 31, 2004 5:27:42 PM

KB wrote:

> I need a regestry hack to disable the firewall in windows XP SP2.
> Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

You don't need to do this in the registry. Just disable the service.
Start>Run services.msc [enter] and scroll down to the Windows Firewall
Service. Stop it and disable it.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Is there a special reason why you want to accomplish this by such means?

"KB" <KB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need a regestry hack to disable the firewall in windows XP SP2.
> Does anyone know how to accomplish this?
> --
> KB
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
January 1, 2005 8:01:24 AM

In article <zenBd.657569$%k.170869@pd7tw2no>, th54@hotmail.com says...
> Is there a special reason why you want to accomplish this by such means?

I'm not the OP, but I disable it on every managed DOMAIN member at every
client - the damn thing is a pain in the arse when it comes to providing
remote support.

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)
!