The 1M$ question:When are the prices of the newest RADEON ..

Does anyone have any info abut when the new X800 comes out to the market
(making the 9800 prices drop)???

"Nissim Trifonov" <nissimtr@actcom.net.il> wrote in message

" Does anyone have any info abut when the new X800 comes out to the market
(making the 9800 prices drop)??? "

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/04/23/ati_r420_slips/

If the first high-end card comes out at $499, then I don't see the 128MB
9800 Pro dropping too much in price. It's already under $200. Do people
expect it to drop to $100 or something? That would hurt sales of their
newly-released cards. It'll probably still be above $150 at Christmas.

jlc

"Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
> "Nissim Trifonov" <nissimtr@actcom.net.il> wrote in message
>
> " Does anyone have any info abut when the new X800 comes out to the
market
> (making the 9800 prices drop)??? "
>

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/04/23/ati_r420_slips/
>
> If the first high-end card comes out at $499, then I don't see the 128MB
> 9800 Pro dropping too much in price. It's already under $200. Do people
> expect it to drop to $100 or something? That would hurt sales of their
> newly-released cards. It'll probably still be above $150 at Christmas.

I agree. I really don't think that the 9800Pro is going to come down much
more before Xmas. I think what you'll see is a lot of rebate sales. So the
card will be $200 with a $50 rebate. The card is still selling well at the
$200 price point. There's not a huge market for the $500+ cards. So the
9800Pro will still be a good seller for awhile longer. JLC