Invalid Index error

I have an AIW 9700 Pro. When trying to install the Multimedia Center 8.9
or 9.0 I get an "Unhandled Exception" "Invalid Index" error. This
appears to be a problem with the actual install file not the MMC itself.
This error did/does not occur with MMC 8.8. ATI has not been able to fix
this so far. I'm going nuts trying to resolve this. Any suggestions? TIA

Frank

jad

this could be a bad download, if in fact it was a downloaded file.

<eaglesoftware213@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have an AIW 9700 Pro. When trying to install the Multimedia Center
8.9
> or 9.0 I get an "Unhandled Exception" "Invalid Index" error. This
> appears to be a problem with the actual install file not the MMC
itself.
> This error did/does not occur with MMC 8.8. ATI has not been able to
fix
> this so far. I'm going nuts trying to resolve this. Any suggestions?
TIA

> Frank

I've downloaded 8.9 and 9.0 several times with no difference. I can
uncompress the files in the setup.exe with no errors so I don't think it
is a bad download.

In article <0qSic.1998$g31.75@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
jdemma25@eartink.net says...
> this could be a bad download, if in fact it was a downloaded file.
>
> <eaglesoftware213@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I have an AIW 9700 Pro. When trying to install the Multimedia Center
> 8.9
> > or 9.0 I get an "Unhandled Exception" "Invalid Index" error. This
> > appears to be a problem with the actual install file not the MMC
> itself.
> > This error did/does not occur with MMC 8.8. ATI has not been able to
> fix
> > this so far. I'm going nuts trying to resolve this. Any suggestions?
> TIA
> >
> > Frank

> > -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

jad

try doing a 'scanreg /fix' from the dos prompt(command line). Also
make sure that no antivirus software is running. and on that subject
make sure your virus free. These errors are really hard to diagnose.
Bad memory, memory timings, overclocking, can cause this also.

"XP User" <guess@who.com> wrote in message
> I've downloaded 8.9 and 9.0 several times with no difference. I can
> uncompress the files in the setup.exe with no errors so I don't
think it
> is a bad download.
>

> In article <0qSic.1998$g31.75@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> jdemma25@eartink.net says...
> > this could be a bad download, if in fact it was a downloaded file.
> >
> > <eaglesoftware213@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I have an AIW 9700 Pro. When trying to install the Multimedia
Center
> > 8.9
> > > or 9.0 I get an "Unhandled Exception" "Invalid Index" error.
This
> > > appears to be a problem with the actual install file not the MMC
> > itself.
> > > This error did/does not occur with MMC 8.8. ATI has not been
able to
> > fix
> > > this so far. I'm going nuts trying to resolve this. Any
suggestions?
> > TIA
> > >
> > > Frank

> > > http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the