Rage Fury Maxx, which mobo?

If anyone has one of these dual gpu ATI cards can they let me know which
motherboard they are using, or any boards which are known to work with this
card.

Cheers
Rick

jad

I am not sure why you would think this would be a mainboard / chipset
consideration. There are few reasons why one MB would not work with a
AGP type video card, that would be the voltages supplied to the AGP.
More of a problem would be drivers available for XP / 2000. The last
time I had used this type of card was on a ABIT BX6. PIII vintage
board.

"R D S" <rds@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message
> If anyone has one of these dual gpu ATI cards can they let me know
which
> motherboard they are using, or any boards which are known to work
with this
> card.
>
> Cheers
> Rick

kev

R D S wrote:

> If anyone has one of these dual gpu ATI cards can they let me know which
> motherboard they are using, or any boards which are known to work with this
> card.
>
> Cheers
> Rick

Don't work with XP if i remember.

"JAD" <jdemma25@eartink.net> wrote in message
> I am not sure why you would think this would be a mainboard / chipset
> consideration.

I didnt

> There are few reasons why one MB would not work with a
> AGP type video card, that would be the voltages supplied to the AGP.
> More of a problem would be drivers available for XP / 2000. The last
> time I had used this type of card was on a ABIT BX6. PIII vintage
> board.

I appreciate the voltage issue, I am just interested as to which board is
known to work correctly with this card, then ill try to get one 2nd hand.

Cheers
Rick

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 19:14:46 +0100, "R D S" <rds@members.v21.co.uk>
wrote:

>If anyone has one of these dual gpu ATI cards can they let me know which
>motherboard they are using, or any boards which are known to work with this
>card.
>
>Cheers
>Rick

I had one working on an MSI 6153VA board. It was a P3 board
that supported upto a 1Ghz PIII coppermine chip. Worked fine along
side my Voodoo2 SLI boards as well. It's 3D will only function in
Win98/SE/ME. No Win 2k/XP support.

Gman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <rvTic.2228$g31.792@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "JAD" <jdemma25@eartink.net> wrote:
>I am not sure why you would think this would be a mainboard / chipset
>consideration. There are few reasons why one MB would not work with a
>AGP type video card, that would be the voltages supplied to the AGP.
>More of a problem would be drivers available for XP / 2000. The last
>time I had used this type of card was on a ABIT BX6. PIII vintage
>board.

If i recall, the card is obsolete with 2000/XP due to the way ATI designed the
card. It will either run in single gpu mode or not at all

>"R D S" <rds@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message
>> If anyone has one of these dual gpu ATI cards can they let me know
>which
>> motherboard they are using, or any boards which are known to work
>with this
>> card.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Rick

Gman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <aukq80tg90lurk93qnk17a4p029ahlditd@4ax.com>, Larry Roberts <skin-e@juno.com> wrote:
>On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 19:14:46 +0100, "R D S" <rds@members.v21.co.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>If anyone has one of these dual gpu ATI cards can they let me know which
>>motherboard they are using, or any boards which are known to work with this
>>card.
>>
>>Cheers
>>Rick
>>

> I had one working on an MSI 6153VA board. It was a P3 board
>that supported upto a 1Ghz PIII coppermine chip. Worked fine along
>side my Voodoo2 SLI boards as well. It's 3D will only function in
>Win98/SE/ME. No Win 2k/XP support.
Its 3D will work, but the system only see's it as a single gpu Rage Fury