Help with "the system administrator has set policies to pr..

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.streets-trips,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

I have d/led a copy of the trialware Streets & Trips. I have decided to
purchase the software and install it. I get a message that says I have
Streets & Trips installed (I can not find a way to UNINSTALL it) Whern I say
I want to go ahead and install, I get a mesage "the system administrator has
set policies to prevent this installation".
I have looked on the 'net.
I have Norton's AV 2005 (I have seen some referances to this message and
WinXP with Nortons AV 2002, but it seems that has been resolved.

Any help is welcomed!!!!

Thanks,
Mc

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.streets-trips,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Well, has the sys admin set policies to prevent installation? If so, you
need to be talking to the system administrator first. If not (this is not a
part of a domain, and you think you have sys admin rights), then there are
other things to look at.

--
Bob McCoy
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

"Mctabish" <Mctabish@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I have d/led a copy of the trialware Streets & Trips. I have decided to
>purchase the software and install it. I get a message that says I have
>Streets & Trips installed (I can not find a way to UNINSTALL it) Whern I
>say I want to go ahead and install, I get a mesage "the system
>administrator has set policies to prevent this installation".
> I have looked on the 'net.
> I have Norton's AV 2005 (I have seen some referances to this message and
> WinXP with Nortons AV 2002, but it seems that has been resolved.
>
> Any help is welcomed!!!!
>
> Thanks,
> Mc

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.streets-trips,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Does anyone have a resolution to this? I am getting the same exact thing.
I am using Windows 2000 Pro, I AM the administrator, and I have NOT set any
policies to prevent installation of any software. In fact, I can install
any other piece of software that I have except Streets & Trips 2005. I
purchased the software after having tried the demo and liking what I saw.
This will be the LAST time I install any 'try before you buy' software from
Microsoft.

"Bob McCoy [MSFT]" <bobmccoy@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Well, has the sys admin set policies to prevent installation? If so, you
> need to be talking to the system administrator first. If not (this is not
> part of a domain, and you think you have sys admin rights), then there are
> other things to look at.
>
> --
> Bob McCoy
> * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
> * Please note I cannot respond to email questions. Please use these
> newsgroups.
>

> "Mctabish" <Mctabish@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >I have d/led a copy of the trialware Streets & Trips. I have decided to
> >purchase the software and install it. I get a message that says I have
> >Streets & Trips installed (I can not find a way to UNINSTALL it) Whern I
> >say I want to go ahead and install, I get a mesage "the system
> >administrator has set policies to prevent this installation".
> > I have looked on the 'net.
> > I have Norton's AV 2005 (I have seen some referances to this message and
> > WinXP with Nortons AV 2002, but it seems that has been resolved.
> >
> > Any help is welcomed!!!!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mc

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.streets-trips,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

My husband is having the same problems with Win XP home. Tried to install
the freebie, but didn't work. Gets the administrator error message when
attempting to install the Streets and Trips 2005. Tried uninstalling Norton
2002. Tried reinstalling the freebie. Checked that he is administrator. We
don't know how to set policies, so we don't think we did. Checked for
different registry entries that were mentioned in some other online help.
Still nothing!! I posted in another area of the forum before I came across
this posting. I see some people are having the same message with the Norton
installations, but also some with Mocrosoft programs, like Money and Access.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bern:)

I have had the same message trying to install "Backup my PC" version 6.
I have Noton Antivirus 2005 and Personal Firewall 2005. However, I have
an identical computer running the same Norton products (both on XP Home)
and the program has loaded OK. I am trying to find other software
conflicts on this particular computer - I rather suspect Roxio but that
may because I am biased because I am fed up with it anyway! Backup my PC
(orlogix) can't solve the problem, neither can the premium line at PC
World.

Sorry not to be more positive.

S Leggate

--
sleggate

I can't seem to install backup my pc version 6 on my computer I have xp
professsional. If you find a solution let me know at bob_crews@msn.com