Win XP Backup

December 31, 2004 11:01:01 PM

I recently upgraded to Win XP Home Edition w/SP2 and installed Backup from
the CD. I have an internal 100MB Zip drive. I followed the Backup Wizard and
completed my selected Backup OK.

When I tried to re-run Backup, I received the message 'Your disk is full -
insert another disk'. In my previous version of Backup (Win 98), I was given
the option to Overwrite the inserted disk(s).

Do I have to re-format my disks each time I want to run Backup? Also, my
Backup selections were not kept as in my previous version?

Thank you and Happy New Year!

More about : win backup

Anonymous
January 2, 2005 3:28:28 AM

if you are using ms backup, it should ask you if you want to overwrite.

"XanGo Man" <XanGo Man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently upgraded to Win XP Home Edition w/SP2 and installed Backup from
> the CD. I have an internal 100MB Zip drive. I followed the Backup Wizard
> and
> completed my selected Backup OK.
>
> When I tried to re-run Backup, I received the message 'Your disk is full -
> insert another disk'. In my previous version of Backup (Win 98), I was
> given
> the option to Overwrite the inserted disk(s).
>
> Do I have to re-format my disks each time I want to run Backup? Also, my
> Backup selections were not kept as in my previous version?
>
> Thank you and Happy New Year!
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 3:28:29 AM

Thanks Dan - I was told to view the last screen in Wizard and select
Advanced, then change from Normal backup to Incremental. That works but it
does not remember my settings as the version in Win 98 did...

!