Windows 8 Dev Tablets Already on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I was under the impression that the tablets provided were NOT gifts, but developer preview units that HAD to be returned.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]I was under the impression that the tablets provided were NOT gifts, but developer preview units that HAD to be returned.[/citation]

lol, they'll just claim they lost it at the post office =D

G

LOL. Money. If it's an option why not throw it up on ebay. If you don't need it in 2 years time it wont be worth much anyway. And we all know the antique computers market is gone unless you have an Apple One. So if the person needs the money its a choice, and perhaps a good one. Me personally I hat anything proprietary. I'll stick to linux.

G

Good thing MSFT has a record of serial numbers which can be cross-referenced to those the tablets were loaned to...

G

they dont have a record. which utopian narc society do you live in, eugenewillett?

G

"Gift" doesn't seem like quite the right word. How about "freebie"?

In any event, these tablets do not have to be returned. All Microsoft cares about is that people develop apps for Windows 8. If eBay can transfer some tablets from people who aren't going to use them to develop apps to people who are, they'll be happy.

G

Actually, weren't these tablets only given out to paid attendees of the conference? They must have paid something just to attend the conference - and knowing these technology conferences, that something probably wasn't cheap. (Although the tablets are probably selling for more...)

ceteras

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2008
Greed. We all need money, but that is so low!
Instead of selling it for a quick buck they could actually use the advantage to do some actual work, start a business and make a lot more money than the $2000 they hope to get.
I wonder what kind of idiots would buy these?

Cos really with the new tech that was so widely spoken about" Frying or Locking Processors" when stuff was stolen or taken into zones MS or the Govt. did not approve of, this stuff ought to be pretty easy to shutdown remotely.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
You all realise that Microsoft expected at least some of these to be sold on eBay and when they got in the wild they would eventually generate all this media hype and discussion.

What we really need is for one to fall into the hands of a good tech benchmarker and give it the thorough write up it needs.

sgtopmobile

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
[citation][nom]ceteras[/nom]Greed. We all need money, but that is so low!Instead of selling it for a quick buck they could actually use the advantage to do some actual work, start a business and make a lot more money than the $2000 they hope to get.I wonder what kind of idiots would buy these?[/citation]

maybe the idiots who are great developers but coulnt go to the conference so they didnt recive a tablet, the kind of idiots who know what INVESTMENT is and are willing to pay 2000$ to get one of this tablets and develop a multimillionaire app like ANGRY BIRDS.

Gasek

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
Good thing I read the comments before posting or else I would have repeated what back_by_demand wrote down.

I wonder if these tablets can be used for productivity, not just fun and games like the ipads. The damn things can't even copy files to/from itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.