Closed

Open .bkf file

January 1, 2005 2:37:02 PM

I have Win XP Home Edition w/SP2 and installed Backup from the CD. Backup is
run to my internal Zip drive (E).

After Backup has run I am unable to open the file E:\Backup.bkf from My
Computer to view the contents on my Zip disk. I receive the error message
"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this
action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel".

Not sure how I do this...

Thank you.

More about : open bkf file

Anonymous
January 1, 2005 4:05:05 PM

I'm actually looking to view the contents, not restore data. Is 'restore
data' the only option I have with a .bkf file?

Thank you.

"Robert Moir" wrote:

> XanGo Man wrote:
> > I have Win XP Home Edition w/SP2 and installed Backup from the CD.
> > Backup is run to my internal Zip drive (E).
> >
> > After Backup has run I am unable to open the file E:\Backup.bkf from
> > My Computer to view the contents on my Zip disk. I receive the error
> > message "This file does not have a program associated with it for
> > performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options
> > control panel".
> >
> > Not sure how I do this...
>
> You don't browse backup files in the same way you do files that are archived
> with winzip.
>
> If you've installed the backup program it should be in Start
> Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools.
>
> You need to run this and select "Restore" in order to retrieve the data in a
> ..bkf file. You can choose to restore to an alternate location if you wish.

> Rob Moir, Microsoft MVP for servers & security
> Website - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk
> Virtual PC 2004 FAQ - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk/win/VirtualPC2004FAQ.html
>
> Kazaa - Software update services for your Viruses and Spyware.

Anonymous
January 1, 2005 8:19:02 PM

Thank you Robert!

!