No security center notification

a b 8 Security
January 2, 2005 8:55:20 PM

Hi all,

my problem:
if i deactivate my Antivirus i can see within the securitycenter
virusprotection is inactive. If i uninstall the AV there is an message
within the securitycenter.

But i dont become a tray-notification.
All 3 "notify-me" options are set (Firewall,AU,AV).
No eventlog messages.
Any idea?

Thanks D.K.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
January 2, 2005 8:55:21 PM

What is your AV application? Not all AV applications will work directly with
Sec-Center as it is a new feature.

BB

"D K" <dk.22@gmx.de> wrote in message
news:o IBvBwO8EHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi all,
>
> my problem:
> if i deactivate my Antivirus i can see within the securitycenter
> virusprotection is inactive. If i uninstall the AV there is an message
> within the securitycenter.
>
> But i dont become a tray-notification.
> All 3 "notify-me" options are set (Firewall,AU,AV).
> No eventlog messages.
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks D.K.

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
January 5, 2005 11:21:24 PM

the security center can work with my AV.
The Securitycenter display the correct Status, if AV or FW is disabled
but there is no tray-notification.

D K

"Bigbruva" <Richardh@dontusethis.ws> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:o 1BoOkR8EHA.2600@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> What is your AV application? Not all AV applications will work directly
> with Sec-Center as it is a new feature.
>
> BB
>
> "D K" <dk.22@gmx.de> wrote in message
> news:o IBvBwO8EHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> my problem:
>> if i deactivate my Antivirus i can see within the securitycenter
>> virusprotection is inactive. If i uninstall the AV there is an message
>> within the securitycenter.
>>
>> But i dont become a tray-notification.
>> All 3 "notify-me" options are set (Firewall,AU,AV).
>> No eventlog messages.
>> Any idea?
>>
>> Thanks D.K.

Related resources
January 5, 2005 11:21:25 PM

D K wrote:

> the security center can work with my AV.
> The Securitycenter display the correct Status, if AV or FW is disabled
> but there is no tray-notification.

Forgive me if you've already checked this, but after opening the
Security Center applet, on the left side click on "change how Security
Center alerts me". Are there checks in all the boxes?

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

no problem :-)
yes, all 3 boxes are checked.
i also have uncheck all - reboot - check all - reboot .. but nothing.

D K

!