950 Restore

Hi Group;

I have a PB 950 and recently lost the main hard drive completely. I had a
second HD installed and thought I had all my files backed up, but it doesn't
boot, and I can't get the old drive to work at all to get any of the system
files.

I tried booting with a Win 98 disk, but no luck with that either....

Can you tell me where I can get a floppy "system disk" so I can transfer the
files to my "backup drive" and get this thing back on the "info highway"
again?

Thanks very much!

Stef Johnson

Let me try to understand
The First drive is trash so it is out of the equation

The second drive had the files backed up unto it
What type of backup system?
Did you use Windows backup or just move the files
onto the HD

The 2nd HD was it set as master or slave and where did
it reside on the controller primary slave etc

Where does it reside now on primary or secondary

You have made sure the jumpers are correct

Now if you have it set properly it should boot since it had to be formatted
to receive files
It must all also be set correctly for the bios to see it and you
may have to set it up in bios
If you are able to boot it
What do you expect to do

Backing up files is not the same as installing an OS

If you do get it to boot and it is going to be the HD that you are going to
use
I would move all the files into one folder
Then install Windows and then move the needed files into Windows

Is it set up correctly?
What have you done to make sure itis et up correctly?

"SMJ" <Info@stacklogic.com> wrote in message
> Hi Group;
>
> I have a PB 950 and recently lost the main hard drive completely. I had a
> second HD installed and thought I had all my files backed up, but it
doesn't
> boot, and I can't get the old drive to work at all to get any of the
system
> files.
>
> I tried booting with a Win 98 disk, but no luck with that either....
>
> Can you tell me where I can get a floppy "system disk" so I can transfer
the
> files to my "backup drive" and get this thing back on the "info highway"
> again?
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> Stef Johnson

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

If your computer is like mine, a floppy with a dos type operating system on
it and cdrom drivers should get you into a Win95 or 98 installation disk.
When Win95, 98 or Me is installed, a startup disk can be made or skipped
during the installation. This disk is very helpfull at times such as you
have right now. A Startup disk can be made later by going into my
computer-settings and snooping around, I believe, add-remove programs. Any
PC running Windows 95,98 or Me can make a startup disk that will work