Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

why is the AIW 9700 NOT listed in ATI's WMCE compatabilty ..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 4:27:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Does anyone know WHY the AIW 9700 pro is not listed on this page at
ATI's . is there a compatability problem ?

please don't tell me I dumped the 8500aiw dv for these one and now it's
junk. could it be a ommision?

http://ati.com/products/mce/index.html


ATI & Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2004
To enhance the versatility of ATI Technologies ALL-IN-WONDER® product
line, ALL-IN-WONDER MCE Encode was developed to support Microsoft’s
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004. OEM’s and SI’s looking for a cost
effective, high power solution for a Home Theater PC incorporating a
single slot solution to provide TV functionality combined with industry
leading graphics technology, now have the option to create MCE systems
with ALL-IN-WONDERs.

ATI brings the superior quality of graphics rendering and high quality
MPEG2 encoding to the MCE user experience, offering improved display
quality for live TV, pictures and slide shows, as well as DVD playback.
In addition, the advanced capabilities in the RADEON graphics offer
superb performance for gaming, internet browsing and other applications

Supported ALL-IN-WONDERs include:

* ALL-IN-WONDER 9800 PRO
* ALL-IN-WONDER 9800 SE (Europe only)
* ALL-IN-WONDER 9600 PRO
* ALL-IN-WONDER 9600 XT
* ALL-IN-WONDER 9600
* ALL-IN-WONDER 9200
* ALL-IN-WONDER 9200 SE 128 MB (Europe only)

ATI’s support for the cards listed above include display driver
optimizations for providing high quality visual display of MCE content,
specialized WDM drivers and our ALL-IN-WONDER MCE Encode MPEG2 encode
stack, all of which are approved for Windows XP Media Center 2004.

Systems built with ALL-IN-WONDER solutions require hyperthreaded CPU’s
(P4, 2.4 GHz
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 11:10:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

<res7@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:4eut80lf4b52oketbp0s60uaafvuqu29v2@4ax.com...
> Does anyone know WHY the AIW 9700 pro is not listed on this page at
> ATI's . is there a compatability problem ?

SNIP

The 9700 is a discontinued product - the 9500 doesn't appear either as it is
also discontinued. However, there is no reason to suppose that there would
be any problems as the 9200 (listed as supported) is an even earlier chipset
than the 9500/9700 range

Tony
Anonymous
May 1, 2004 6:35:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:10:47 +0100, "TMack"
<REMOVETHECAPStonymackin@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>
><res7@verizon.net> wrote in message
>news:4eut80lf4b52oketbp0s60uaafvuqu29v2@4ax.com...
>> Does anyone know WHY the AIW 9700 pro is not listed on this page at
>> ATI's . is there a compatability problem ?
>
>SNIP
>
>The 9700 is a discontinued product - the 9500 doesn't appear either as it is
>also discontinued. However, there is no reason to suppose that there would
>be any problems as the 9200 (listed as supported) is an even earlier chipset
>than the 9500/9700 range
>
>Tony
>

Tony that's what I think too, but it's disturbing that they go out of
their way to leave it out. is it a marketing plan or ?

I just bought a cheap 9200 based card for my son and se it listed and
the AIW9700pro is not.
Anonymous
May 14, 2004 10:45:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

res7@verizon.net wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:10:47 +0100, "TMack"
> <REMOVETHECAPStonymackin@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>
>>
>><res7@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>news:4eut80lf4b52oketbp0s60uaafvuqu29v2@4ax.com...
>>> Does anyone know WHY the AIW 9700 pro is not listed on this page at
>>> ATI's . is there a compatability problem ?
>>
>>SNIP
>>
>>The 9700 is a discontinued product - the 9500 doesn't appear either as it
>>is
>>also discontinued. However, there is no reason to suppose that there
>>would be any problems as the 9200 (listed as supported) is an even earlier
>>chipset than the 9500/9700 range
>>
>>Tony
>>
>
> Tony that's what I think too, but it's disturbing that they go out of
> their way to leave it out. is it a marketing plan or ?
>
> I just bought a cheap 9200 based card for my son and se it listed and
> the AIW9700pro is not.

Do you have Media Center Edition? If so, they try it and see what happens.
If not, then figure out how you're going to get it before you worry about
whether your board will work with it.

--
--John
Reply to jclarke at ae tee tee global dot net
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
!