All Golds in Flying School - How?

I have managed, somehow, to acheive Silver status in all the Flying School
lessons, but what do I have to do to get Gold? For example, circling the
airfield. I do it fine, but how do you do it so as to get 100%?

Thanks.

--
Carl Waring
http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=1495

Be very very good... and persistent... and lucky.

Seriously, download some guides off gamefaq...

Explains it all.

YOu get the Hunter.

T.

See that's strange. I got gold first shot in parachuting.

You have to land dead centre in the circle. Very easy.

The Hunter one killed me... circling wasn't hard... either was
landing... just needed to do it quickly.

T.

In article <etVWe.110348$G8.92937@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
Carl Waring <carl.waring@REDyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>I have managed, somehow, to acheive Silver status in all the Flying School
>lessons, but what do I have to do to get Gold? For example, circling the
>airfield. I do it fine, but how do you do it so as to get 100%?

Keep the throttle held down all the way.

"Carl Waring" <carl.waring@REDyonder.co.uk> wrote

>I have managed, somehow, to acheive Silver status in all the Flying School
>lessons, but what do I have to do to get Gold? For example, circling the
>airfield. I do it fine, but how do you do it so as to get 100%?

It is time that counts. Don't ask me about the time you have
to stay under. Didn't take me long to get gold at this one.
Only had a hard time at parachuting which is by far the hardest
part to do at flight school in my opinion.

Marco

"Marco Jautz" <marcojmgh@hotmail.com> wrote

> Only had a hard time at parachuting which is by far the hardest
> part to do at flight school in my opinion.

Of course i meant it is the hardest part to get gold for.

<tlai909@visto.com> wrote

> See that's strange. I got gold first shot in parachuting.
>
> You have to land dead centre in the circle. Very easy.

I know, but i think you have to do it in 55 Seconds or less.
Finally I got silver each time i tried at 56 Seconds.
The one time it took me only 55 Seconds I got gold.
I think i did hit the centre each time.

> The Hunter one killed me... circling wasn't hard... either was
> landing... just needed to do it quickly.

Use the gun instead of the rockets, because they have auto-aim
when doing the hunter-thing.

I use a Gamepad (i'm on PC) for flying and i like flying
what makes me good at it i think. ;-)

Still have to get all gold on driving school, but
i started a new game now.

Marco

"Chris Brown" <cpbrown@ntlworld.no_uce_please.com> wrote in message
> In article <etVWe.110348$G8.92937@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
> Carl Waring <carl.waring@REDyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> >I have managed, somehow, to acheive Silver status in all the Flying
School
> >lessons, but what do I have to do to get Gold? For example, circling the
> >airfield. I do it fine, but how do you do it so as to get 100%?
>
> Keep the throttle held down all the way.

Not necessary - I released the throttle during turns.

May not make much of a difference - but don't aim for the centre of each
corona (except the last one). Turn slightly inside each.

Throttle makes the thing turn less well. Just like in real life.

T.

<tlai909@visto.com> wrote in message
> Throttle makes the thing turn less well. Just like in real life.

I don't think I lay off the throttle during turns for efficiency reasons -
it's because my fingers aren't double-jointed.

Carl Waring wrote:
> I have managed, somehow, to acheive Silver status in all the Flying
> School lessons, but what do I have to do to get Gold? For example,
> circling the airfield. I do it fine, but how do you do it so as to
> get 100%?
> Thanks.

Well, I've done all but three now...

Circle/Land = 97
You have to complete in 80 secs to get Gold. My problem is that I can land
the plane in the "land the plane" lesson but not here, even when taking the
same 'line' in. Weird :-/

Targets = 94%
Again, 80 secs for Gold. Just about got the first three, static, targets
done but can't take out the moving cars quick enough. Also, I think whoever
said the chopper's guns were auto-aim was lying :-/

Parachute= 96%
Three times I landed in the middle but didn't get 100%. There may be a
time-limit but it's not in the FAQ I read!

--

"Carl Waring" <carl.waring@REDyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Carl Waring wrote:
>> I have managed, somehow, to acheive Silver status in all the Flying
>> School lessons, but what do I have to do to get Gold? For example,
>> circling the airfield. I do it fine, but how do you do it so as to
>> get 100%?
>> Thanks.
>
> Well, I've done all but three now...
>
> Circle/Land = 97
> You have to complete in 80 secs to get Gold. My problem is that I can land
> the plane in the "land the plane" lesson but not here, even when taking
> the same 'line' in. Weird :-/

I found this one to be the hardest to get gold on, for me it was a matter of
just keep on trying.

> Targets = 94%
> Again, 80 secs for Gold. Just about got the first three, static, targets
> done but can't take out the moving cars quick enough. Also, I think
> whoever said the chopper's guns were auto-aim was lying :-/

I do this one flying very low. The 3 trucks are in a straight line with your
start point, so just lose height quickly while tilting forward and
constantly firing the gun and you should be ok I skim just above the height
of the trucks and only press the lift key to avoid hitting anything. At the
end of the trucks, gain some height, then turn. Do not do both at the same
time or you will not be facing where you want to be. If neccessary, quickly
press the mirror keys and let them go to force the camera to face forwards.
The moving cars travel in circles, so head towards the place where the
southenmost one will be when you get there, again losing height as you
travel. When you have hit the first car, you should only need a slight turn
to be aiming at the second. Gain a little height then turn towards the
runway and fly low towards the landing point. I tilt back slightly as I
land, to stop precisely in the circle.

> Parachute= 96%
> Three times I landed in the middle but didn't get 100%. There may be a
> time-limit but it's not in the FAQ I read!

As far as I can remember, the time limit is 55 secs. Freefall with W held
down (PC), open the chute on 22 secs and you should land on the centre of
the target. If you overshoot, try again with 21 secs freefall, then 20, I
have got gold on this one with all 3 times (not sure why, it is probably due
to me not pressing the "open chute" button at precisely the same point). It
is better to be slightly short of the target then to overshoot, and you can
just push W to adjust slightly as you land.

Rob

In article <0hIXe.111770$G8.58737@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
Carl Waring <carl.waring@REDyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Circle/Land = 97
>You have to complete in 80 secs to get Gold. My problem is that I can land
>the plane in the "land the plane" lesson but not here, even when taking the
>same 'line' in. Weird :-/

Are you bouncong? You're probably landing too fast. Slow up with the
throttle. For maneuvering near the ground, use the ailerons to keep the
wings level and turn with the rudder.

>Parachute= 96%
>Three times I landed in the middle but didn't get 100%. There may be a
>time-limit but it's not in the FAQ I read!

Wait until the last possible second to open your 'chute (several seconds
after it yells at you - if you go *splat*, try a shorter delay), and adopt
the streamlined position for falling.

"Carl Waring" <carl.waring@REDyonder.co.uk> wrote

> Targets = 94%
> Again, 80 secs for Gold. Just about got the first three, static, targets
> done but can't take out the moving cars quick enough. Also, I think
> whoever said the chopper's guns were auto-aim was lying :-/

Everybody knows they have auto-aim. Of course you should be somehow
looking into the right direction and beeing not to far away
might help too. I didn't say the guns do everything alone.
It is just easier than using the rockets.

Marco

Eyeneedhelp

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I tried like 20 times and I made gold for all :) ! Just keep practicing. Remember, practice equals perfect!!!!!! The only one that should be hard is the car school thingy.

TRENDING THREADS