no administrative control

i some how deleted my ability to have administrative rights on my computer.
i'm now a user with a limited account. how can i change it to where i am the
administrator again. with a limited account i'n not able to go into user
accounts and change this back please help.

Malke

loudnuff wrote:

> i some how deleted my ability to have administrative rights on my
> computer.
> i'm now a user with a limited account. how can i change it to where i
> am the
> administrator again. with a limited account i'n not able to go into
> user accounts and change this back please help.

Is this XP Home? If so, boot into Safe Mode (repeatedly tap the F8 key
as the computer is starting up - this will get you to the right menu).
Now you can log in using the normally hidden Administrator account. The
default password is a blank. Once in, go to the User Accounts applet in
Control Panel and make the desired changes to your account.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers