no administrative control

i some how deleted my ability to have administrative rights on my computer.
i'm now a user with a limited account. how can i change it to where i am the
administrator again. with a limited account i'n not able to go into user
accounts and change this back please help.
1 answer Last reply
More about administrative control

    loudnuff wrote:

    > i some how deleted my ability to have administrative rights on my
    > computer.
    > i'm now a user with a limited account. how can i change it to where i
    > am the
    > administrator again. with a limited account i'n not able to go into
    > user accounts and change this back please help.

    Is this XP Home? If so, boot into Safe Mode (repeatedly tap the F8 key
    as the computer is starting up - this will get you to the right menu).
    Now you can log in using the normally hidden Administrator account. The
    default password is a blank. Once in, go to the User Accounts applet in
    Control Panel and make the desired changes to your account.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers