Error Joining Windows XP Professinal to Windows NT 4.0 Dom..

Tags:
  • Domain
  • Windows NT
  • Windows XP
January 2, 2005 11:56:50 PM

Anyone of you how to resolve my problem in windows xp, im tried to join
windows xp professional to windows nt domain but there is a problem arised
with the error like this " A Domain Controller for the domain (my domain)
couldnt be contacted". I was already configured the IP but the problem is
still there.

More about : error joining windows professinal windows dom

January 3, 2005 9:00:39 AM

paulo wrote:

> Anyone of you how to resolve my problem in windows xp, im tried to
> join windows xp professional to windows nt domain but there is a
> problem arised with the error like this " A Domain Controller for the
> domain (my domain) couldnt be contacted". I was already configured the
> IP but the problem is still there.

Does the account from which you are trying to join the domain have
Administrative privileges? Has a domain account been created for you on
the server? How is the network set up? At what service pack level is
your workstation?

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Thanks a lot, actually i resolved the issue by updating the host and lmhost
of the windows xp workstation.

!