Error Joining Windows XP Professinal to Windows NT 4.0 Dom..

Anyone of you how to resolve my problem in windows xp, im tried to join
windows xp professional to windows nt domain but there is a problem arised
with the error like this " A Domain Controller for the domain (my domain)
couldnt be contacted". I was already configured the IP but the problem is
still there.
2 answers Last reply
More about error joining windows professinal windows

    paulo wrote:

    > Anyone of you how to resolve my problem in windows xp, im tried to
    > join windows xp professional to windows nt domain but there is a
    > problem arised with the error like this " A Domain Controller for the
    > domain (my domain) couldnt be contacted". I was already configured the
    > IP but the problem is still there.

    Does the account from which you are trying to join the domain have
    Administrative privileges? Has a domain account been created for you on
    the server? How is the network set up? At what service pack level is
    your workstation?

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Thanks a lot, actually i resolved the issue by updating the host and lmhost
    of the windows xp workstation.

    "Malke" wrote:

    > paulo wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone of you how to resolve my problem in windows xp, im tried to
    > > join windows xp professional to windows nt domain but there is a
    > > problem arised with the error like this " A Domain Controller for the
    > > domain (my domain) couldnt be contacted". I was already configured the
    > > IP but the problem is still there.
    >
    > Does the account from which you are trying to join the domain have
    > Administrative privileges? Has a domain account been created for you on
    > the server? How is the network set up? At what service pack level is
    > your workstation?
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS MVP - Windows Shell/User