Sometimes can't automatically record TV shows with MMC v9...

Is anyone else having problems with ATI MMC v9.0 sometimes NOT
recording automatically from its scheduler? Ever since I installed MMC
v9.0 and the newest Catalyst driver (uninstalled v8.9 and old Catalyst
driver), MMC sometimes does NOT record. When the scheduled recording
time comes up, it brings MMC up but does not even record (no errors in
event log, on screen, etc.). It doesn't even show the record panel. I
also noticed VCR and CC files were not created. It happened three
times already. Other times, it works fine. I never had this problem
with previous versions. I am using Windows XP Professional SP1 with
all updates on an Athlon XP 2200+.

What's up? Is anyone else having this problem or just me? I am missing
my TV shows!! Does MMC have a debugging feature to see why I can't
record sometimes. I did another record test this morning, and it did
not record! I thought it was related to uptimes and reboots, but they
didn't affect it.

Thank you in advance. :(
--
"When I am at my lowest, that is when I see things the clearest. It's
hard to care about ants when you're soaring with eagles." --unknown
| |o o| | E-mail: philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
\ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup/mailing
( ) list.

I've had been having these kind of problems quite long. With all versions of
MMC released in last 6 months. Guess ATI MMC is simply flaw-flavoured, as
I've dealt with it for years, and sometimes it worked better than other
times, but never quite the way you would want it to.

--
v.

Vedran Parac <vMAKNI_OVO@mail.inet.hr> wrote:
> I've had been having these kind of problems quite long. With all versions of
> MMC released in last 6 months. Guess ATI MMC is simply flaw-flavoured, as
> I've dealt with it for years, and sometimes it worked better than other
> times, but never quite the way you would want it to.

Really? Hmm, what was the last version that MMC worked for automatic
recording?

--
"When I am at my lowest, that is when I see things the clearest. It's
hard to care about ants when you're soaring with eagles." --unknown
/\___/\
/ /\ /\ \ Phillip Pi (Ant) @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx
| |o o| | E-mail: philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
\ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup/mailing
( ) list.

> Really? Hmm, what was the last version that MMC worked for automatic
> recording?

When I say "better than other times" I`m simply referring to frequency of
widows restarts required to perform a task with MMC, it varies, but doesn't
seem to be approaching zero anytime soon.

--
v.

Vedran Parac <vMAKNI_OVO@mail.inet.hr> wrote:

> > Really? Hmm, what was the last version that MMC worked for automatic
> > recording?

> When I say "better than other times" I`m simply referring to frequency of
> widows restarts required to perform a task with MMC, it varies, but doesn't
> seem to be approaching zero anytime soon.

Oh OK. I think I fixed my issue. I re-enabled ATI Smart service in Windows
XP's service list. I ran it too without rebooting or doing anything else.
Now, MMC can record automatically from scheduler. I did about ten tests and
none of them failed! I am not sure why this service is needed. See if
this works for you.
--

<ANTant@zimage.com> wrote in message
> Vedran Parac <vMAKNI_OVO@mail.inet.hr> wrote:
>
> > > Really? Hmm, what was the last version that MMC worked for automatic
> > > recording?
>
> > When I say "better than other times" I`m simply referring to frequency
of
> > widows restarts required to perform a task with MMC, it varies, but
doesn't
> > seem to be approaching zero anytime soon.
>
> Oh OK. I think I fixed my issue. I re-enabled ATI Smart service in Windows
> XP's service list. I ran it too without rebooting or doing anything else.
> Now, MMC can record automatically from scheduler. I did about ten tests
and
> none of them failed! I am not sure why this service is needed. See if
> this works for you.

my MMC scheduled recordings neither work or don't work. It's somewhere in
between, generally works, but sometimes simply doesn't record anything, so I
can't rely on it as I would like to.

thanks for the info,
Vedran.

Rats. The problem is back! I guess the service didn't work. However, I
noticed some logs in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\ATI MMC even without the adding the debug stuff into my registry. One
interesting log when MMC's recorded didn't show up:

*** Log Manager 0: Opened on: 5/26/2004 [22:03:00]
[22:03:00] COSIController::paintCache failed to paint to screen
[22:03:00] COSIController:AttachFeature: no genUI interface, will load all OSIs
[22:03:00] ResMngr::GetObject CoCreate Error: ClassNotReg CLSID: {CA0974B8-2353-41AC-9562-7FD6BA6B27A3}
[22:03:00] [MsgBox] Startup: Failed to CoCreateInstance for IID_IRemoteWonderInfo interface
[22:03:00] [TenFtUI] LoadApplet: Failed to startup applet {F80F96F3-F597-4BBE-9C39-A6F742A06057}
[22:03:00] ResMngr::LoadObject CoCreate Error: ClassNotReg CLSID: {B6761AC7-0F95-4184-8CEE-0E8495BEBD13}
[22:03:01] COSIController::paintCache failed to paint to screen
[22:03:02] CPrivatePip: StartUp: Failed to Verify TV Wonder Vendor
[22:03:03] COSIController:AddLayout: Failed to SetOSILayout: 50001, for panel: 10000000
[22:03:03] COSIController:AddLayout: Failed
[22:03:04] COSIController:AddLayout: Failed to SetOSILayout: 40000, for panel: 0
[22:03:04] COSIController:AddLayout: Failed

Any ideas?

--
"Ants. There's a size for every picnic, a colour for every occasion,
and a bite to let you know that they are there. Apart from the bite,
/ /\ /\ \ Phillip Pi (Ant) @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx
| |o o| | E-mail: philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
\ _ / Be sure you removed ANT from e-mail address if you get
( ) a returned e-mail.

Corrections. I am running Catalyst 4.5 driver now. Also, I compared the
logs between MMC's recorder showing and without recorder showing. I cannot
see the differences. They look identical. It looks like logs doesn't show
anything interesting. :(