Security Accounts Manager initilization failed

When I turn on my computer I get:
Secutity accounts manager initialization failed. Handle is invalid. Error
status oxe0000008.
It then tells me to boot up in safe mode but when I try the exact same
message appears and I can't even boot in safe mode.
Please help! Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about security accounts manager initilization failed

    sue wrote:

    > When I turn on my computer I get:
    > Secutity accounts manager initialization failed. Handle is invalid.
    > Error status oxe0000008.
    > It then tells me to boot up in safe mode but when I try the exact same
    > message appears and I can't even boot in safe mode.
    > Please help! Thanks!

    Googling for "security accounts manager initialization failed" got me
    this information from the MS Knowledge Base:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316751

    There's no way to tell from here what caused the error, but according to
    the KB article, you'll need to do either a parallel install or
    reinstall Windows.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

Safe Mode Security Boot Microsoft Windows XP