Security Accounts Manager initilization failed

January 3, 2005 1:47:02 PM

When I turn on my computer I get:
Secutity accounts manager initialization failed. Handle is invalid. Error
status oxe0000008.
It then tells me to boot up in safe mode but when I try the exact same
message appears and I can't even boot in safe mode.
Please help! Thanks!
January 3, 2005 4:47:27 PM

sue wrote:

> When I turn on my computer I get:
> Secutity accounts manager initialization failed. Handle is invalid.
> Error status oxe0000008.
> It then tells me to boot up in safe mode but when I try the exact same
> message appears and I can't even boot in safe mode.
> Please help! Thanks!

Googling for "security accounts manager initialization failed" got me
this information from the MS Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316751

There's no way to tell from here what caused the error, but according to
the KB article, you'll need to do either a parallel install or
reinstall Windows.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User