Using Network Monitor on Windows XP Sp2

I'm attempting to run Netmon (SMS full version 5.0.943.1) on a recently
upgraded XP SP2 machine. It worked perfectly before when on SP1, so obviously
some of the wonderful (!) new security features in SP2 are interfering (yes,
firewall is disabled). This is NOT the problem described in KB839642 for
which I have already checked and applied the hotfix mentioned. The error I am
receiving is "The specified network is invalid' followed by the relevant UNC
and MAC of the remote interface and error code 0x800407d0. There is no useful
supporting info in the event logs.

Anybody got any useful suggestions or workarounds before I open an incident
with MS?

--
Richard Adams
MCSE, CNE, etc

Ian

use ethereal network analyzer--simple and free, more features.