Model 1986 / 845590102

Rebuilding a Packard Bell with above Model number with Win98.

Have zero documentation or model specific software.

Got it going with minimal video but need to improve.
Need video,sound and modem drivers to make it a viable machine again.

I'd apprecite any leads on finding drivers.

Nice solid machine, I'd like to bring it back to life.

Thanks,.
Ray Miller

"RNM" <Ray.Miller@Atsusa.com> wrote in message

> Rebuilding a Packard Bell with above Model number with Win98.
>
> Have zero documentation or model specific software.
>
> Got it going with minimal video but need to improve.
> Need video,sound and modem drivers to make it a viable machine
again.

> I'd apprecite any leads on finding drivers.
>
> Nice solid machine, I'd like to bring it back to life.
>

> Thanks,.
> Ray Miller

Ray:
http://www.driversguide.com http://www.packardbell.com (Click on the
UK site) or http://www.priorityonesupport.com (you have to sign up
for free but they may have what your looking for)

A few of the regulars here may also have those drivers for you. Good
Luck and I hope I helped?

Elector

Thanks, got the video going. Popped the cover to get the video chip set #'s
.. Searched for it 'AND'
'Packard bell' and got a hit pointing me into driversguide.com . Never got
anyware with the model number.

> Thanks, got the video going. Popped the cover to get the video chip
set #'s
> . Searched for it 'AND'
> 'Packard bell' and got a hit pointing me into driversguide.com .
Never got
> anyware with the model number.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Elector

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

Open up the case and write down the info on the various chips and plug in
cards ( modem, sound, video etc ). Go onto the internet on another computer
using Google for a search engine, enter the information you found. Another
place to look is drivers.com. That is how I restored a Platinum 65 (A950
TWR) ( Intel Orlando board).
"RNM" <Ray.Miller@Atsusa.com> wrote in message

> Rebuilding a Packard Bell with above Model number with Win98.
>
> Have zero documentation or model specific software.
>
> Got it going with minimal video but need to improve.
> Need video,sound and modem drivers to make it a viable machine again.
>
> I'd apprecite any leads on finding drivers.
>
> Nice solid machine, I'd like to bring it back to life.
>

> Thanks,.
> Ray Miller

Latest posts