Using 2 wireless network cards in 1 laptop

papa

This puzzles me. Yesterday I read a post somewhere asking if this can be
done. My laptop has slots for 2 wireless cards, but why would I want to do
this? Thanks for your comments.

Technically, as long as they have different channels it is possible. I would
not see a great reason for this, however, as you could combine the networks.
Unless, of course, the user is connecting to his and a neighbors (or
something similar).

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!
"Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote in message
> This puzzles me. Yesterday I read a post somewhere asking if this can be
> done. My laptop has slots for 2 wireless cards, but why would I want to do
> this? Thanks for your comments.

hans

there's also the back-up reason
if one doesnt work the other does

--------
other reason would be being in chain?
so in the middle position and passing on?
---------

Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) wrote:

> Technically, as long as they have different channels it is possible. I would
> not see a great reason for this, however, as you could combine the networks.
> Unless, of course, the user is connecting to his and a neighbors (or
> something similar).

rfolden

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
How about if you used a product such as Connectify, and used one adapter for the "WAN" connection, and one adapter for the "LAN" connection, or hotspot.