Using 2 wireless network cards in 1 laptop

This puzzles me. Yesterday I read a post somewhere asking if this can be
done. My laptop has slots for 2 wireless cards, but why would I want to do
this? Thanks for your comments.
3 answers Last reply
More about using wireless network cards laptop

    Technically, as long as they have different channels it is possible. I would
    not see a great reason for this, however, as you could combine the networks.
    Unless, of course, the user is connecting to his and a neighbors (or
    something similar).

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!
    "Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote in message
    > This puzzles me. Yesterday I read a post somewhere asking if this can be
    > done. My laptop has slots for 2 wireless cards, but why would I want to do
    > this? Thanks for your comments.

    there's also the back-up reason
    if one doesnt work the other does

    --------
    other reason would be being in chain?
    so in the middle position and passing on?
    ---------

    Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) wrote:

    > Technically, as long as they have different channels it is possible. I would
    > not see a great reason for this, however, as you could combine the networks.
    > Unless, of course, the user is connecting to his and a neighbors (or
    > something similar).

  3. How about if you used a product such as Connectify, and used one adapter for the "WAN" connection, and one adapter for the "LAN" connection, or hotspot.

Wireless Laptops Wireless Network Wireless Networking