Dissappearing User Groups in XP Pro

karl

Hi,

I've just created a new user group in the MMC on a standalone XP Pro System.
I added two users to the group, and their accounts just dissappeared.

I've checked in the MMC and both group and user accounts are still on the
system.

This problem persisted after a reboot.

Anyone got any idea what I can do to rectify this situation?

Many Thanks

Karl

You say they disappeared, but you also say they are still there.
Can you clarify?

Regards
Mark Dormer

Do you mean they are not showing up at logon
"Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've just created a new user group in the MMC on a standalone XP Pro
> System.
> I added two users to the group, and their accounts just dissappeared.
>
> I've checked in the MMC and both group and user accounts are still on the
> system.
>
> This problem persisted after a reboot.
>
> Anyone got any idea what I can do to rectify this situation?
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Karl

karl

Sorry, yes, that was a bit unclear. The accounts dissappear from the XP logon
screen. If you press ctrl+alt+delete, however, and type the user name and
password into the traditional logon dialog box, you can still access the
accounts which have been added to the new user group.

The accounts also still appear on the user list in the MMC. But how can I
add them to the welcome screen?

"Mark Dormer" wrote:

> You say they disappeared, but you also say they are still there.
> Can you clarify?
>
> Regards
> Mark Dormer
>
> Do you mean they are not showing up at logon
> "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just created a new user group in the MMC on a standalone XP Pro
> > System.
> > I added two users to the group, and their accounts just dissappeared.
> >
> > I've checked in the MMC and both group and user accounts are still on the
> > system.
> >
> > This problem persisted after a reboot.
> >
> > Anyone got any idea what I can do to rectify this situation?
> >
> > Many Thanks
> >
> > Karl

You can add them to the welcome screen using a method described here.
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_wel_screen.htm

I would have thought there were easier ways, but as I don't use standalone
XP with FUS I never see the welcome screen

Regards
Mark Dormer