sharing a folder-security and permissions

What is “system� user for in security? It seems to already be there in most
situations. What is it and what am I opening myself up to?
1 answer Last reply
More about sharing folder security permissions

    SYSTEM is the operating system account - kind of like the cook in the
    kitchen. You're not opening yourself up to anything, it's necessary for the
    system to even work.
    /Chris

    "Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > What is "system" user for in security? It seems to already be there in
    > most
    > situations. What is it and what am I opening myself up to?

Security Microsoft Permissions Windows XP