modem question

I have an Axcel 841CDT that I used to have a Zoom modem in. I can't remember
why I took it out but now that I've put it back in it won't initialize. It's
detected on Com 2 but won't initialize. Where should I start to look to fix it?
IT's running Win 95 with a lightning fast Pen 100.

TIA

"Hrd" <hrd2dig@aol.complex> wrote in message
> I have an Axcel 841CDT that I used to have a Zoom modem in. I can't
remember
> why I took it out but now that I've put it back in it won't
initialize. It's
> detected on Com 2 but won't initialize. Where should I start to look
to fix it?
> IT's running Win 95 with a lightning fast Pen 100.
>
> TIA

http://www.zoomtel.com in their knowledge base lies the answer.
I hope I helped?

Elector

The only "fixing" one can do is to make sure the right drivers are installed,
and that the modem passes the diagnostic test in the Modems icon of Control
Panel.

Maybe it failed and that's why you took it out? Maybe get another modem
supporting 56K ? ISA modems are giveaway items. PCI modems a little more
expensive.... Ben Myers