Can't access Microsoft Newsgroups from Microsoft Website

For some reason, I can't access any Microsoft newsgroups
from the Microsoft website. Does it have something to do
with my security settings? It's been a problem for about a
month. I am sent to the following page:
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx
which says: "Sorry, the page you requested is not
available. The address may not be correct, or there may be
a temporary problem with this site." etc. etc. Thanks!

Malke

Sammie wrote:

> For some reason, I can't access any Microsoft newsgroups
> from the Microsoft website. Does it have something to do
> with my security settings? It's been a problem for about a
> month. I am sent to the following page:
> http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx
> which says: "Sorry, the page you requested is not
> available. The address may not be correct, or there may be
> a temporary problem with this site." etc. etc. Thanks!

I don't know what the problem could be since I don't use the web
interface. It is very clumsy. Get a newsreader instead. Here's some
information to help you:

Since you are using the web interface, you may not realize that this is
really a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you
learn to use a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows,
but you can use Outlook Express since you already have it. Here are
some links to information about newsgroups to broaden your posting
pleasure!

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
explanation of newsgroups
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto/default.asp
- Set Up Newsreader
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto/default.asp
(enter url on one line in browser addressbar)
microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
working properly

Some other newsreaders:
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php - for Forte
http://www.mozilla.org
http://gravity.tbates.org/

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

I just tried it and had no problem so it must be something with your
security settings.

I don't use it any more than I have to because it is such a clumsy
interface. Probably the worst I have every seen.

Frank