Since I installed Sp2, I can not access any of my adobe (photoshop,
Illustrator) help features.I hear that it is a security issues. Is there any
patches available to fix this? or a setting that wil help but not make my
computer open to risks?

Thank you in advance.

Joe

Malke

Joe Edwards wrote:

> Since I installed Sp2, I can not access any of my adobe (photoshop,
> Illustrator) help features.I hear that it is a security issues. Is
> there any
> patches available to fix this? or a setting that wil help but not
> make my computer open to risks?

Yes, Adobe has information about this on their website. Go to here and
at the top of the page there is a yellow exclamation mark with a link
to more information:

http://www.adobe.com/support/main.html

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Thank you for your help, is these the only solutions, making changes
everytime I open help is very tedious. Is this my only option (listed one
Adobe's Home page)?

Joe

"Malke" wrote:

> Joe Edwards wrote:
>
> > Since I installed Sp2, I can not access any of my adobe (photoshop,
> > Illustrator) help features.I hear that it is a security issues. Is
> > there any
> > patches available to fix this? or a setting that wil help but not
> > make my computer open to risks?
> >
> Yes, Adobe has information about this on their website. Go to here and
> at the top of the page there is a yellow exclamation mark with a link
> to more information:
>
> http://www.adobe.com/support/main.html
>
> Malke
> --
> MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"

Malke

Joe Edwards wrote:

> Thank you for your help, is these the only solutions, making changes
> everytime I open help is very tedious. Is this my only option (listed
> one Adobe's Home page)?
>
> Joe

I guess so. I think I'd use the .pdf file for Help (if it is included in
your application) as described in Adobe's last suggestion. You can copy
it from the cd to your hard drive to make things easier.

If you are unhappy with Adobe's handling of this; i.e., that they aren't
going to fix their applications, you should contact them.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"

I had a similar problem but it wasn't SP2 it was the Yahoo-DSL browser that
installed with my DSL. When i uninstalled the Yahoo browser then the Adobe
helpfiles worked again.