hi,
i have two user accounts in my xp-pro and one of them has administrator
previliges. Even with this admin privilege, i cannot open the registry editor
with 'regedit' command. the error message is "Registry editing has been
disabled by your administrator". i have cleared any spyware with Spybot, yet
the problem persists. I Hope for a solution.

John Galt wrote:

> hi,
> i have two user accounts in my xp-pro and one of them has administrator
> previliges. Even with this admin privilege, i cannot open the registry editor
> with 'regedit' command. the error message is "Registry editing has been
> disabled by your administrator". i have cleared any spyware with Spybot, yet
> the problem persists. I Hope for a solution.
Hi

In the menu at http://www.dougknox.com, select Security,
Disable/Enable Registry Editing Tools.

This small VB Script will remove this restriction. If the
first time the script is run it says "Disabled", run it
again to enable registry edits again.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: