Running at 1.5 volts Radeon 9800 Series

Is there any of the Radeon 9800 Series that run at other than 1.5 volts?

I am considering the purchase of a MOBO that specifies it will only
"support" AGP cards running at 1.5 volts. Does this setting require some
fiddling on my part, or is this the default "running" setting for the cards.

The MOBO is the SOYO SY-P4I875P-D2 card, FWIW. For the video I was thinking
about the 9800 Pro.

Thanks for your help.

--
Pablo Rivera
Apprentice Developer

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004

Ummm...... that is the standard voltage for all modern cards and mobo's with
8x agp......

"PRiveraSr" <PRiveraSr@Not.My.Email.com> wrote in message
> Is there any of the Radeon 9800 Series that run at other than 1.5 volts?
>
> I am considering the purchase of a MOBO that specifies it will only
> "support" AGP cards running at 1.5 volts. Does this setting require some
> fiddling on my part, or is this the default "running" setting for the
cards.

> The MOBO is the SOYO SY-P4I875P-D2 card, FWIW. For the video I was
thinking
> about the 9800 Pro.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> --
> Pablo Rivera
> Apprentice Developer
> Vision for Productivity

Cool, thanks. I wouldn't have thought about this, but the MOBO document said
that the board would not support AGP cards running at 3.3 volts. I guess
the intent was discourage "overclocking" or tampering with the voltage
settings of the board, through some means (beyond me, anyway). :)

Thanks again, Xeon!

Pablo

PRiveraSr wrote:

> Cool, thanks. I wouldn't have thought about this, but the MOBO document
> said
> that the board would not support AGP cards running at 3.3 volts. I guess
> the intent was discourage "overclocking" or tampering with the voltage
> settings of the board, through some means (beyond me, anyway). :)

The intent was to not support older boards that require 3.3. volts. Has
nothing to do with overclocking etc.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)