Whats a good HeatPipe Cooler for a Radeon 9600 PRO an Reco..

Just want to cut as man y fans as i can from my system, thanks.

And will the cooler fit on the new Nvidia and Radeon cards if you know
please tell.

Thanks.
9 answers Last reply
More about whats good heatpipe cooler radeon 9600 reco

    I have heard good things about Zalman heatpipe. Even without a fan, it is
    enough for 9600 series. Only on 9700/9800pro series it needs a fan.

    "We Live For The One We Die For The One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
    message news:j6l990poscsr4u8c96p6ai8o3n9la0ea3d@4ax.com...

    > Just want to cut as man y fans as i can from my system, thanks.
    >
    > And will the cooler fit on the new Nvidia and Radeon cards if you know
    > please tell.
    >
    > Thanks.

    In article <5L5lc.81363$BD3.9801469@juliett.dax.net>, "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @
    s t a r t . n o> says...
    <I have heard good things about Zalman heatpipe. Even without a fan, it is
    <enough for 9600 series. Only on 9700/9800pro series it needs a fan.
    <
    <snip>

    The fanless Zalman ZM80A-HP on my 9700 pro says you are incorrect.

    Bill

    I was thinking of getting the ZM80X-HP :) even better cooling than
    your version and you can get a cool fan that comes with it if you want
    to cool a 9800 pro :), ill leave that out as i dont think ill need it
    with my 9600 Pro less fans less noise is what iam going for.

    Thanks.

    On Sun, 2 May 2004 14:17:56 -0700, bill
    <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote:

    >In article <5L5lc.81363$BD3.9801469@juliett.dax.net>, "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @
    >s t a r t . n o> says...
    ><I have heard good things about Zalman heatpipe. Even without a fan, it is
    ><enough for 9600 series. Only on 9700/9800pro series it needs a fan.
    ><
    ><snip>
    >
    > The fanless Zalman ZM80A-HP on my 9700 pro says you are incorrect.
    >
    > Bill

    Good for you. But many people do use some fan for 9800 9700. I know from
    personal experience that it depends much on OC of the card, and case temp.

    "bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
    > In article <5L5lc.81363$BD3.9801469@juliett.dax.net>, "Asestar" <a s e s t
    a r @
    > s t a r t . n o> says...
    > <I have heard good things about Zalman heatpipe. Even without a fan, it is
    > <enough for 9600 series. Only on 9700/9800pro series it needs a fan.
    > <
    > <snip>
    >
    > The fanless Zalman ZM80A-HP on my 9700 pro says you are incorrect.
    >
    > Bill

    In article <sowlc.81482$BD3.9832002@juliett.dax.net>, "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @
    s t a r t . n o> says...
    <Good for you. But many people do use some fan for 9800 9700. I know from
    <personal experience that it depends much on OC of the card, and case temp.
    <

    Yup, good case cooling is always a benefit and if I overclocked my card
    I'd give some thought to adding a fan to blow on it. Runs well enough at
    stock freqs, 1280 x 1024 19" TFT, stock 4.4 Omega driver settings and the
    eye candy in UT2003/2004, Far Cry, etc. set pretty high to satisfy me.

    'Course, running UT2004 spectator mode on one screen and UT2003 on the other
    at the same time does put a big crimp in the frame rates. :)

    It is quiet though, and after the noisy stock fan, quiet is what I prefer.

    Bill

    It can have a fan added :), if i need it ill add it, but i dont want
    to overclock it anyway if i want a faster Vidcard ill get a 9800 pro
    Cheap NOW.

    A few more months and theywill be 200 bucks Australian or less.

    Thanks.

    On Mon, 03 May 2004 18:42:32 GMT, "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t
    .. n o> wrote:

    >Good for you. But many people do use some fan for 9800 9700. I know from
    >personal experience that it depends much on OC of the card, and case temp.
    >
    >"bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
    >> In article <5L5lc.81363$BD3.9801469@juliett.dax.net>, "Asestar" <a s e s t
    >a r @
    >> s t a r t . n o> says...
    >> <I have heard good things about Zalman heatpipe. Even without a fan, it is
    >> <enough for 9600 series. Only on 9700/9800pro series it needs a fan.
    >> <
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> The fanless Zalman ZM80A-HP on my 9700 pro says you are incorrect.
    >>
    >> Bill

    Hey! That's cheating man!!

    > In article <sowlc.81482$BD3.9832002@juliett.dax.net>, "Asestar" <a s e s t
    a r @
    > s t a r t . n o> says...
    > <Good for you. But many people do use some fan for 9800 9700. I know from
    > <personal experience that it depends much on OC of the card, and case
    temp.
    > <
    >
    > Yup, good case cooling is always a benefit and if I overclocked my card
    > I'd give some thought to adding a fan to blow on it. Runs well enough at
    > stock freqs, 1280 x 1024 19" TFT, stock 4.4 Omega driver settings and the
    > eye candy in UT2003/2004, Far Cry, etc. set pretty high to satisfy me.
    >
    > 'Course, running UT2004 spectator mode on one screen and UT2003 on the
    other
    > at the same time does put a big crimp in the frame rates. :)
    >
    > It is quiet though, and after the noisy stock fan, quiet is what I
    prefer.

    > Bill

    In article <hyGlc.81521$BD3.9842597@juliett.dax.net>, "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @
    s t a r t . n o> says...
    <Hey! That's cheating man!!
    <
    <
    <snip>

    }8^)

    Bill

    Iam going to put a 120mm fan in the side of my PC that will blow air
    onto the card and everything else :)

    Ill just 12volt it when playing games and 7 volt in when notor off it
    :)

    On Tue, 4 May 2004 00:42:59 -0700, bill
    <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote:

    >In article <hyGlc.81521$BD3.9842597@juliett.dax.net>, "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @