opening a port through the firewall

I'm installing an ftp server and need to open a 'hole' or port through the
firewall. Help and Support didn't. Can somebody please give me instructions?

dennist685

dennist685 wrote:

> I'm installing an ftp server and need to open a 'hole' or port through the
> firewall. Help and Support didn't. Can somebody please give me instructions?
>
> dennist685
Hi

The Cable Guy - February 2004
Manually Configuring Windows Firewall in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0204.mspx

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: