Prohibit access to items for a user on a non-domain XP Pro..

Hi all.
Is there a way to prohibit access to items such as [Control Panel], [Run],
Windows Explorer using [Windows key]+[E] and stuff like that for a specified
user on a non-domain XP Pro box?

I can use the local policies editor and do it for all users on the box (even
the Admin account). I need to be able to do this for just a single user
account. (I'll be doing this to 186 XP Pro PCs)

Is there a way and can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks a bunch!
Brian
2 answers Last reply
More about prohibit access items user domain

    Doug's Windows XP Security Console

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Brian Christie" wrote:

    | Hi all.
    | Is there a way to prohibit access to items such as [Control Panel], [Run],
    | Windows Explorer using [Windows key]+[E] and stuff like that for a specified
    | user on a non-domain XP Pro box?
    |
    | I can use the local policies editor and do it for all users on the box (even
    | the Admin account). I need to be able to do this for just a single user
    | account. (I'll be doing this to 186 XP Pro PCs)
    |
    | Is there a way and can someone point me in the right direction?
    |
    | Thanks a bunch!
    | Brian

    186 computers? Wow. That's 186 human-created instances of an equivalent manually-configured
    operating system. There's an opportunity here to make configuration mistakes
    in many places. I'd recommend rethinking your strategy and trying to join
    these computers to a domain so you can manage them centrally.

    Steve Riley
    steriley@microsoft.com

    > Hi all.
    > Is there a way to prohibit access to items such as [Control Panel],
    > [Run],
    > Windows Explorer using [Windows key]+[E] and stuff like that for a
    > specified
    > user on a non-domain XP Pro box?
    > I can use the local policies editor and do it for all users on the box
    > (even the Admin account). I need to be able to do this for just a
    > single user account. (I'll be doing this to 186 XP Pro PCs)
    >
    > Is there a way and can someone point me in the right direction?
    >
    > Thanks a bunch!
    > Brian

Windows Explorer Domain Windows XP