Wireless-G in-home networking

I have finally set up a wireless network in my home so I could get on my wireless internet from upstairs and everything was going smoothly. I connected the internal wireless PCI card (Microsoft) and the wireless base station(Microsoft) and the base station is working perfectly, but the PCI card will not connect to my new wireless network. I've tried copying the IP address, subnet mask, etc. from the base station to the upstairs computer but nothing will connect my other computer to the network. Can someone help me?

The IP address can not be the same in both pc, change the las number in the
one upstairs, but leave the same subnet mask

--

Earl

"d_mcclure" <d_mcclure_2006@spymac.com> wrote in message
> I have finally set up a wireless network in my home so I could get on my
wireless internet from upstairs and everything was going smoothly. I
connected the internal wireless PCI card (Microsoft) and the wireless base
station(Microsoft) and the base station is working perfectly, but the PCI
card will not connect to my new wireless network. I've tried copying the IP
address, subnet mask, etc. from the base station to the upstairs computer
but nothing will connect my other computer to the network. Can someone help
me?

What about the gateway address and the DNS server address? Do I leave them the same or do I exclude them from the upstairs computer?

----- Earl Caravelle II wrote: -----

The IP address can not be the same in both pc, change the las number in the
one upstairs, but leave the same subnet mask

--

Earl

"d_mcclure" <d_mcclure_2006@spymac.com> wrote in message
> I have finally set up a wireless network in my home so I could get on my
wireless internet from upstairs and everything was going smoothly. I
connected the internal wireless PCI card (Microsoft) and the wireless base
station(Microsoft) and the base station is working perfectly, but the PCI
card will not connect to my new wireless network. I've tried copying the IP
address, subnet mask, etc. from the base station to the upstairs computer
but nothing will connect my other computer to the network. Can someone help
me?

MSI

the gateway is the router, so that must be the same. the only thing that can
not be the same is the computers IP address. The DNS also has to be the same
as it's the info from the ISP.

"d_mcclure" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What about the gateway address and the DNS server address? Do I leave them
the same or do I exclude them from the upstairs computer?

> ----- Earl Caravelle II wrote: -----
>
> The IP address can not be the same in both pc, change the las number
in the
> one upstairs, but leave the same subnet mask
>
> --
>
> Earl
>
> "d_mcclure" <d_mcclure_2006@spymac.com> wrote in message
> > I have finally set up a wireless network in my home so I could get
on my
> wireless internet from upstairs and everything was going smoothly. I
> connected the internal wireless PCI card (Microsoft) and the wireless
base
> station(Microsoft) and the base station is working perfectly, but the
PCI
> card will not connect to my new wireless network. I've tried copying
the IP
> address, subnet mask, etc. from the base station to the upstairs
computer
> but nothing will connect my other computer to the network. Can
someone help
> me?

Hi there,

Not sure which wireless base station you have but here is a KB that you can use for troubleshooting Wireless connections:
How to Troubleshoot Wireless Network Connections in Windows XP WGID:374
ID: 313242
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=313242

--------------------
>From: =?Utf-8?B?ZF9tY2NsdXJl?= <d_mcclure_2006@spymac.com>
>Subject: Wireless-G in-home networking
>Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 10:56:06 -0700
>
>I have finally set up a wireless network in my home so I could get on my wireless internet from upstairs and everything was going smoothly. I connected the
internal wireless PCI card (Microsoft) and the wireless base station(Microsoft) and the base station is working perfectly, but the PCI card will not connect to my
new wireless network. I've tried copying the IP address, subnet mask, etc. from the base station to the upstairs computer but nothing will connect my other
computer to the network. Can someone help me?

--
Sergio Moreno
Microsoft Windows Networking

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.

Thanks, everyone. My network is up and running. Again, thanks for all of your help.