lost system tools access

January 5, 2005 7:35:01 PM

I have power user access on xp pro at work. Up until a couple of days ago I
was able to use all of my system tools like defrag, sys restore etc. Im sure
that it is something I did but now I cannot access these and other programs.
When I do I get a popup saying something like 'I need admin privliges to
access this program.' When I right click the shortcut and hit the security
tab...its grayed out but it shows that my account has read/write access yet I
dont. I tried a reg edit script that is supposed to give me access again but
it didn't work.(got error message 'unable to complete' or something like
that. Before this problem occured I was able to use another reg edit script
for something else I needed.(this one didn't cause the prob as I was able to
access stuff after I ran it)
January 7, 2005 4:35:02 PM

Any help would be appreciated.
!