Lost Administrative rights

January 5, 2005 10:23:02 PM

Please help me someone...I have XP Pro on a home PC for which I am the major
user and administrator, but for some reason lately I have lost some of my
administrative privileges - namely that I cannot use certain windows key
shortcuts (R-run, E-explorer, etc.) It also seems to have affected my ability
to install certain software as they appear to install ok but when run for the
first time give error messages that come about when the program either has
not been given full rights or the person installing does not have
administrative rights. I have another account on the same PC for my wife with
administrative rigths as well and this seems to function OK - I have
verified that my account has admin rights too, but still no go. What gives?
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 12:07:03 AM

What you may want to do is delete the account that is giving you the problem
and then recreate it. Somehow you have lost rights and configuration.

rcmsellers

"Justin-Barry" wrote:

> Please help me someone...I have XP Pro on a home PC for which I am the major
> user and administrator, but for some reason lately I have lost some of my
> administrative privileges - namely that I cannot use certain windows key
> shortcuts (R-run, E-explorer, etc.) It also seems to have affected my ability
> to install certain software as they appear to install ok but when run for the
> first time give error messages that come about when the program either has
> not been given full rights or the person installing does not have
> administrative rights. I have another account on the same PC for my wife with
> administrative rigths as well and this seems to function OK - I have
> verified that my account has admin rights too, but still no go. What gives?
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 1:07:01 AM

I'm having similar problems. My ISP downloaded a program or some virus keeps
me from being able to go to TOOLS and then INTERNET OPTIONS.

I get a message that says "This operation has been cancelled due to
restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system
administrator."

Well, I AM the administrator, with administrator privilges and no guest or
other users. I think it's a hidden software download.
!