i have two computers A & B
A have direct internet broadband connection using a modem
and a password. "A" can share the internet connection
with "B", however, when "A" change the user ( log out)
then, the connection lost and need to dial up again.
I heard that it can be fixed using registry. But I forgot
the details. Can anyone HELP? thank you

This is NOT a Security/Admin question, it is a networking question. Wrong News Group.

Get a Cable/DSL Router such as the Linksys BEFSR41 and it will make the PPPoE connection,
not the PC and you will easily share the one Broadband WAN IP address with upto 253 LAN
nodes. It can assign LAN addresses easily via a built-in DHCP server and will act as a
simplistic FireWall. This is the way to go about what you are trying to accomplish.

--
Dave

"lok" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| i have two computers A & B
| A have direct internet broadband connection using a modem
| and a password. "A" can share the internet connection
| with "B", however, when "A" change the user ( log out)
| then, the connection lost and need to dial up again.
| I heard that it can be fixed using registry. But I forgot
| the details. Can anyone HELP? thank you

> Get a Cable/DSL Router such as the Linksys BEFSR41 bla bla bla

for 2 computes? Thats killing a fly with a cannon.
Bad advice!

> This is NOT a Security/Admin question, it is a networking question. Wrong
> News Group.
>
> Get a Cable/DSL Router such as the Linksys BEFSR41 and it will make the
> PPPoE connection,
> not the PC and you will easily share the one Broadband WAN IP address
> with upto 253 LAN
> nodes. It can assign LAN addresses easily via a built-in DHCP server and
> will act as a
> simplistic FireWall. This is the way to go about what you are trying to
> accomplish.
>
> --
> Dave
>

> "lok" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | i have two computers A & B
> | A have direct internet broadband connection using a modem
> | and a password. "A" can share the internet connection
> | with "B", however, when "A" change the user ( log out)
> | then, the connection lost and need to dial up again.
> | I heard that it can be fixed using registry. But I forgot
> | the details. Can anyone HELP? thank you

Even for one computer !

Just the fact that it is a NAT Router making it a simplistic FireWall is justification.

Then there are the models that have a full FireWall embedded.

In many models they have a 10/100 Mb/s Ethernet Switch. It wasn't too long ago that such a
device would cost $100.00 per switch port. Now you can get them for ~$10.00 per switched
port.

I have heard some models can be had for as little as $20.00.

It is too bad that you have such a poor opinion on this topic matter.

--
Dave