Jens

Hello everybody

I've discovered the slee81.exe running on my system. Is it from Windows?
What does it do?

Thanks for your help.
Jens

Download Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition and scan your PC for the presence of spyware:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827315

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites

3 Simple Steps to Insure the Security of Your PC

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Jens" wrote:

| Hello everybody
|
| I've discovered the slee81.exe running on my system. Is it from Windows?
| What does it do?
|
| Thanks for your help.
| Jens

1) Download the following three items...

Trend Sysclean Package

Latest Trend Pattern File.

Adaware SE (free personal version v1.05)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
or the desktop

Download Sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
Download the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt333.zip

sysclean.com.

2) Update Adaware with the latest definitions.
3) Disable System Restore
4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible
5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
(a few cycles may be needed)
6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
7) Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences,
(e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
8) Reboot your PC.
9) Create a new Restore point

* * * Please report your results ! * * *

--
Dave

"Jens" <Jens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hello everybody
|
| I've discovered the slee81.exe running on my system. Is it from Windows?
| What does it do?
|
| Thanks for your help.
| Jens

Jens

David

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately it did not work. Actually I tried to
avoid it, but now I have copied back the image of my harddrive.

Thank you anyway