Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ASK TECHNICAL QUESTIONS WIN7

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
December 2, 2010 11:58:34 AM

Hello,
I want to extract a compressed rar windows theme in windows 7. where do I direct the files?
December 2, 2010 12:34:07 PM

Open WinRAR>Select the file to decompress (single left click to highlight)>Press "extract to" on the top panel (2nd icon from left)>Change the "destination path" to the folder of your choice. Voila!
m
l
December 5, 2010 10:48:58 AM

calguyhunk said:
Open WinRAR>Select the file to decompress (single left click to highlight)>Press "extract to" on the top panel (2nd icon from left)>Change the "destination path" to the folder of your choice. Voila!

I would imagine sjfaville asked if the theme files should be located in any certain place for Windows to use them?
m
l
Related resources
December 5, 2010 11:07:44 AM

ricno said:
I would imagine sjfaville asked if the theme files should be located in any certain place for Windows to use them?
That's not even a question :ouch:  and he calls it (in block capitals, no less) - A TECHNICAL QUESTION.

In any case, it's really annoying, when people ask (stupid) questions & don't even come back to respond one way or the other, even if they've figured out the answer by themselves.
m
l
December 12, 2010 12:07:33 AM

ricno said:

Yes, I wondered where to put them as I am not familiar with Win 7 operating system. Thanks. sjfaville
m
l

Best solution

December 12, 2010 9:06:58 AM

C:\Users\Username\Downloads.

When you wanna use 'em, just right click on an empty area on your desktop>Personalize>Desktop Background (bottom of the screen)>Click on "browse".

Or if you wanna use 'em as themes and not just wallpapers-

C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\Theme Name\Desktop Background.

This will automatically register the theme.
December 12, 2010 5:10:11 PM

Thank you, that is exactly the information I needed. :) 
m
l
December 12, 2010 5:57:33 PM

Yore most welcome :) 
m
l
December 19, 2010 10:29:11 PM

Best answer selected by sjfaville.
m
l
December 19, 2010 11:58:35 PM

Thanks sjfaville, I appreciate that :)