  • Cable
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 4, 2004 10:07:39 PM

Could someone tell me what the cable on the right is:
http://tinyurl.com/2sq7m
Is that a DVI-I cable or something else. I'm planning on buying a 9800
Pro soon and I'd like to get one that comes with a DVI-I to DVI-D
*cable*. It seems like its hard to find these cables included with the
monitors and video cards I've purchased and been looking at. And since
they're not exactly cheap to buy, around $30-40, It'd be nice if one was
included.

Thanks.

--
"Smiles everyone, Smiles!" - Mr. Roarke

Steve [Inglo]

More about : 9800 card cable

May 4, 2004 10:07:40 PM

In article <LZQlc.44943$Sk6.4485@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com>,
ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc says...
<Could someone tell me what the cable on the right is:
<http://tinyurl.com/2sq7m
<Is that a DVI-I cable or something else. I'm planning on buying a 9800
<Pro soon and I'd like to get one that comes with a DVI-I to DVI-D
<*cable*. It seems like its hard to find these cables included with the
<monitors and video cards I've purchased and been looking at. And since
<they're not exactly cheap to buy, around $30-40, It'd be nice if one was
<included.
<
<Thanks.
<
<

Looks like a S-Video cable to me.

Bill
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 1:30:57 AM

The black cable in the pic is most likely a svideo-svideo cable. Yellow one
is a rca-rca cable. included in the pic is also a svideo-rca convertor
cable.

"Inglo" <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote in message
> Could someone tell me what the cable on the right is:
> http://tinyurl.com/2sq7m
> Is that a DVI-I cable or something else. I'm planning on buying a 9800
> Pro soon and I'd like to get one that comes with a DVI-I to DVI-D
> *cable*. It seems like its hard to find these cables included with the
> monitors and video cards I've purchased and been looking at. And since
> they're not exactly cheap to buy, around $30-40, It'd be nice if one was
> included.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> "Smiles everyone, Smiles!" - Mr. Roarke
>
> Steve [Inglo]
Related resources
May 5, 2004 2:41:04 AM

are you sure you NEED a dvi-i to dvi-d cable ?
check this forum discussion
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=11890

"Inglo" <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote in message
> Could someone tell me what the cable on the right is:
> http://tinyurl.com/2sq7m
> Is that a DVI-I cable or something else. I'm planning on buying a 9800
> Pro soon and I'd like to get one that comes with a DVI-I to DVI-D
> *cable*. It seems like its hard to find these cables included with the
> monitors and video cards I've purchased and been looking at. And since
> they're not exactly cheap to buy, around $30-40, It'd be nice if one was
> included.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> "Smiles everyone, Smiles!" - Mr. Roarke
>
> Steve [Inglo]
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 6:31:01 AM

Inglo wrote:

> Could someone tell me what the cable on the right is:
> http://tinyurl.com/2sq7m
> Is that a DVI-I cable or something else. I'm planning on buying a 9800
> Pro soon and I'd like to get one that comes with a DVI-I to DVI-D
> *cable*. It seems like its hard to find these cables included with the
> monitors and video cards I've purchased and been looking at. And since
> they're not exactly cheap to buy, around $30-40, It'd be nice if one was
> included.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> "Smiles everyone, Smiles!" - Mr. Roarke
>
> Steve [Inglo]

looks like svideo <--> svideo to me

Gordon
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 12:28:48 AM

On 5/4/2004 3:41 PM Sleepy brightened our day with:

>are you sure you NEED a dvi-i to dvi-d cable ?
>check this forum discussion
>http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=11890

Well I need some kind of DV cable, since I don't have one.

--

!