9800 Card & Cable help

Could someone tell me what the cable on the right is:
http://tinyurl.com/2sq7m
Is that a DVI-I cable or something else. I'm planning on buying a 9800
Pro soon and I'd like to get one that comes with a DVI-I to DVI-D
*cable*. It seems like its hard to find these cables included with the
monitors and video cards I've purchased and been looking at. And since
they're not exactly cheap to buy, around $30-40, It'd be nice if one was
included.

Thanks.

--
"Smiles everyone, Smiles!" - Mr. Roarke

Steve [Inglo]
5 answers Last reply
More about 9800 card cable help

    In article <LZQlc.44943$Sk6.4485@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com>,
    ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc says...
    <Could someone tell me what the cable on the right is:
    <http://tinyurl.com/2sq7m
    <Is that a DVI-I cable or something else. I'm planning on buying a 9800
    <Pro soon and I'd like to get one that comes with a DVI-I to DVI-D
    <*cable*. It seems like its hard to find these cables included with the
    <monitors and video cards I've purchased and been looking at. And since
    <they're not exactly cheap to buy, around $30-40, It'd be nice if one was
    <included.
    <
    <Thanks.
    <
    <

    Looks like a S-Video cable to me.

    Bill

    The black cable in the pic is most likely a svideo-svideo cable. Yellow one
    is a rca-rca cable. included in the pic is also a svideo-rca convertor
    cable.

    "Inglo" <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote in message
    > Could someone tell me what the cable on the right is:
    > http://tinyurl.com/2sq7m
    > Is that a DVI-I cable or something else. I'm planning on buying a 9800
    > Pro soon and I'd like to get one that comes with a DVI-I to DVI-D
    > *cable*. It seems like its hard to find these cables included with the
    > monitors and video cards I've purchased and been looking at. And since
    > they're not exactly cheap to buy, around $30-40, It'd be nice if one was
    > included.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > "Smiles everyone, Smiles!" - Mr. Roarke
    >
    > Steve [Inglo]

    are you sure you NEED a dvi-i to dvi-d cable ?
    check this forum discussion
    http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=11890

    Inglo wrote:

    > Could someone tell me what the cable on the right is:
    > http://tinyurl.com/2sq7m
    > Is that a DVI-I cable or something else. I'm planning on buying a 9800
    > Pro soon and I'd like to get one that comes with a DVI-I to DVI-D
    > *cable*. It seems like its hard to find these cables included with the
    > monitors and video cards I've purchased and been looking at. And since
    > they're not exactly cheap to buy, around $30-40, It'd be nice if one was
    > included.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > "Smiles everyone, Smiles!" - Mr. Roarke
    >
    > Steve [Inglo]

    looks like svideo <--> svideo to me

    Gordon

    On 5/4/2004 3:41 PM Sleepy brightened our day with:

    >are you sure you NEED a dvi-i to dvi-d cable ?
    >check this forum discussion
    >http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=11890

    Well I need some kind of DV cable, since I don't have one.

    --
    "Smiles everyone, Smiles!" - Mr. Roarke

    Steve [Inglo]

Radeon DVI Cable Graphics