RIP TouchPad, Pre: HP Confirms WebOS Division Lay-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
hp claimed earlier that this would not be the end of their tablet business, but clearly that was a lie, thrown out just to slow the decline in their stock value, which is headed fast to the single digits.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]hp claimed earlier that this would not be the end of their tablet business, but clearly that was a lie, thrown out just to slow the decline in their stock value, which is headed fast to the single digits.[/citation]

the end of their own os on a tablet, yes, end of tablet altogether, not yet.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
[citation][nom]law shay[/nom]end of fourth quarter is Oct 31 ?[/citation]

Fiscal years for business' very commonly don't start and stop at the beggining/end of the year.

allensays

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
I'm sure this is the result of incompetent supervisors that could care less what the peasants under them had ideas about that could of made this OS something more.

ridewya

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
Lol dumb ass hp never do anything right, thts wht happen when these mofos CEO just care for their big chunk salary, multi million dollar homes and dont give rats about their company, hp should learn more from apple or those japanese car maker, dedication, integrity, innovation and sense of belonging to heir company

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]hp claimed earlier that this would not be the end of their tablet business, but clearly that was a lie, thrown out just to slow the decline in their stock value, which is headed fast to the single digits.[/citation]

They still make tablets, just go to newegg and see for yourself the slate are still listed though quite expensive, they simply cut off WebOS ... sad for me as I loved WebOS and still use my pre, and I couldn't ge tone of the hp touchpads at the firesale price (hoping to in the email group though)

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
[citation][nom]ridewya[/nom]Lol dumb butt hp never do anything right, thts wht happen when these jerk CEOs just care for their big chunk salary, multi million dollar homes and dont give rats about their company, hp should learn more from apple or those japanese car maker, dedication, integrity, innovation and sense of belonging to heir company[/citation]

Absolutely Leo "the loser" lion Apotheker is a PRIME example of how it is OBVIOUS that these elites DO NOT get their job because they have the qualifications or ability, but through connections.

user_ace

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Personally I don't care much for WebOS, to me it's just another casualty in an iPad dominated market... although things will get very interesting once Windows 8 Tablets begin their assault

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
I think HP is going to die... somewhat. Maybe get back to just doing printers.

I kind of hope so. I have no faith in HP, not their desktops, NOT their servers, not their support and not their ability to innovate or do business.

HP..... die.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
I guess HP's plan to put WebOS onto all their devices; Desktops, notebooks, netbooks, printers, scanners, what-nots... is a no go.

They write off the loss in their taxes.

ridewya

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]I guess HP's plan to put WebOS onto all their devices; Desktops, notebooks, netbooks, printers, scanners, what-nots... is a no go.They write off the loss in their taxes.[/citation]

I hope so too let the company tht trully care about their products and their company stay alive, the other one is toshiba, their tablet is so shitty with their ugly ass screen and their 1980s laptop design. When are these naty companies gonna wake up tht there are so many competition out there and if they want to survive, they need to listen and learn...fast from the market and their consumers and not cutting corners

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
?? The Toshiba Thrive? I dunno... it looks fine to me. I constantly see posts flaming iPads for lack of ports (it only has 1) - Thrive has HDMI, USB, mini-USB. A replaceable back cover (choose your style) and removable battery. Its a bit thick, but that tends to happen when you want more "flexibility". It should do about as well as any other $480~500 Android tablet.

We really didn't have much in a way of laptops in the 80s... only near the very end did we see things like the Mac Portable, which was about 17 lbs, very limited battery power. Or maybe a GRID with a very narrow screen...

I own an iPad... I like it, I don't use it everyday. But when I want to look something up and I don't want to wait about 30~45 seconds for my quad core Windows7 computer to boot up... I can power up the iPad and be on the internet in a second or two.

THAT is why people like tablets.

The 16:9 screens are fine for wide-screen movies, for anything else - they suck. That a major reason I will most likely go with an iPad3 before going with a ThinkPad tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.