Safe To Download Programs From Web As Admin User?

I do all my web surfing as a Limited User. Some programs will only install if
you are logged on as an Admin User. Is it safe to sign into a website that we
know is safe (like Webroot) as an Admin User so that we can download a
program that will not run under a Limited acct?
--
ezbit

jw

safe or not probably depends on your level of protection from other
vermin. what i often do is download the file while logged in with a
Limited Account, log off, log in as Admin, and install it offline under
Admin. Sometimes registration fails with this approach (if there is no
dial-out option), but if so, i always register later using a Limited
Account.

JW <JustPostYourReply@ToThisNewsGroup.pls> wrote in

> safe or not probably depends on your level of protection from other
> vermin. what i often do is download the file while logged in with a
> Limited Account, log off, log in as Admin, and install it offline
> under Admin. Sometimes registration fails with this approach (if
> there is no dial-out option), but if so, i always register later using
> a Limited Account.
>
> ezbit wrote:
>> I do all my web surfing as a Limited User. Some programs will only
>> install if you are logged on as an Admin User. Is it safe to sign
>> into a website that we know is safe (like Webroot) as an Admin User
>> so that we can download a program that will not run under a Limited
>> acct?

Another trick is to download the files as limited user, then right click
the executable and choose "Run-as" Administrator. Most executables let
you do this, sometimes however you may need to "shift + right click"