Safe To Download Programs From Web As Admin User?

I do all my web surfing as a Limited User. Some programs will only install if
you are logged on as an Admin User. Is it safe to sign into a website that we
know is safe (like Webroot) as an Admin User so that we can download a
program that will not run under a Limited acct?
--
ezbit
2 answers Last reply

    safe or not probably depends on your level of protection from other
    vermin. what i often do is download the file while logged in with a
    Limited Account, log off, log in as Admin, and install it offline under
    Admin. Sometimes registration fails with this approach (if there is no
    dial-out option), but if so, i always register later using a Limited
    Account.

    JW <JustPostYourReply@ToThisNewsGroup.pls> wrote in

    > safe or not probably depends on your level of protection from other
    > vermin. what i often do is download the file while logged in with a
    > Limited Account, log off, log in as Admin, and install it offline
    > under Admin. Sometimes registration fails with this approach (if
    > there is no dial-out option), but if so, i always register later using
    > a Limited Account.
    >
    > ezbit wrote:
    >> I do all my web surfing as a Limited User. Some programs will only
    >> install if you are logged on as an Admin User. Is it safe to sign
    >> into a website that we know is safe (like Webroot) as an Admin User
    >> so that we can download a program that will not run under a Limited
    >> acct?

    Another trick is to download the files as limited user, then right click
    the executable and choose "Run-as" Administrator. Most executables let
    you do this, sometimes however you may need to "shift + right click"

Download Security Microsoft Windows XP