Packard Bell websites/support/models?

Hello

I hope someone can help. I am in New Zealand and one of our stores sell a
range of Packard Bell I-Media PC's, however I cannot find these *recent*
models on any PB website, and their websites I have looked at seem to have
not been updated in a few years. Sites looked at are both the NZ and
Australian sites:

NZ: http://www.packardbell.co.nz/start.asp?CID=9
Aust: http://www.packardbell.com.au/start.asp?CID=1

Currently I own an IBM computer and I found their website had good support,
and was easy to download updated drivers when the need came about. How would
you update PB drivers easily? I tried via the PB site, but that took me to a
European site and couldn't find anything on these models at all. Any advice,
reply to group or to me by email.

The store where you can see these models is:
(if links don't wrap correctly, please copy/paste into your browser)

http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?store
Id=10001&catalogId=10001&categoryId=10175&crumb=10005-10175&pageNo=1&orderBy
=3&orderAscending=true

Make sure "sort list by..." is set to "Brand: A to Z", then you'll need to
go to Page 5 to see Packard Bell. The models I am referring to are:

Imedia M850
http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeI
d=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=40209&crumb=10005-10175

Imedia M851
http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeI
d=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=40213&crumb=10005-10175

Imedia M852
http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeI
d=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=40217&crumb=10005-10175

Imedia M858
http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeI
d=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=40609&crumb=10005-10175

I am also sending this to the "contact" address referred to on the NZ
Packard Bell website incase they can also reply.

Thanks to all,
Aaron.
9 answers Last reply
More about packard bell websites support models
  1. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    I have checked the links to the NoelLeeming websites, and they don't seem to
    work properly. Best to go the the following site, then in the search box
    just type packard bell:

    http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/

    "Aaron Zarlos" <a2z_1970@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I hope someone can help. I am in New Zealand and one of our stores sell a
    > range of Packard Bell I-Media PC's, however I cannot find these *recent*
    > models on any PB website, and their websites I have looked at seem to have
    > not been updated in a few years. Sites looked at are both the NZ and
    > Australian sites:
  2. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    > I have checked the links to the NoelLeeming websites, and they don't
    seem to
    > work properly. Best to go the the following site, then in the search
    box
    > just type packard bell:
    >
    > http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/
    >

    > "Aaron Zarlos" <a2z_1970@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello
    > >
    > > I hope someone can help. I am in New Zealand and one of our stores
    sell a
    > > range of Packard Bell I-Media PC's, however I cannot find these
    *recent*
    > > models on any PB website, and their websites I have looked at seem
    to have
    > > not been updated in a few years. Sites looked at are both the NZ
    and
    > > Australian sites:

    go to http://www.packardbell.com and under the UK it will be up to
    date. Also try http://www.priorityonesupport.com
    why make a mountain out of a molehill.

    Elector
  3. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in message

    > go to http://www.packardbell.com and under the UK it will be up to
    > date. Also try http://www.priorityonesupport.com
    > why make a mountain out of a molehill.

    The models I am referring to are NOT on the UK site either. I have been
    there before. Maybe the PC's have a program installed that searches for
    updated drivers, etc?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    > "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > go to http://www.packardbell.com and under the UK it will be up to
    > > date. Also try http://www.priorityonesupport.com
    > > why make a mountain out of a molehill.
    > >

    > The models I am referring to are NOT on the UK site either. I have
    been
    > there before. Maybe the PC's have a program installed that searches
    for
    > updated drivers, etc?

    You know I think you got something there. Maybe Ben or Metronid or
    some other kind soul can remember that program that PB used on their
    systems which did exactly that. Man you bring back memories :-)

    Elector
  5. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    Elector,

    I seem to remember an electronic version of System Credentials that would do
    that. I have it on CD *somewhere*, soon as I find it, I 'll post it on my
    site.
    --
    Be seeing you,

    Louie
    Gainesville, FL, USA
    SETI Stats: 1931WU/3.89yrs
    louiethelizard@flies.hotmail.com
    eat the flies to email

    > "Aaron Zarlos" <a2z_1970@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > go to http://www.packardbell.com and under the UK it will be up to
    > > > date. Also try http://www.priorityonesupport.com
    > > > why make a mountain out of a molehill.
    > > >

    > > The models I am referring to are NOT on the UK site either. I have
    > been
    > > there before. Maybe the PC's have a program installed that searches
    > for
    > > updated drivers, etc?
    > >

    > You know I think you got something there. Maybe Ben or Metronid or
    > some other kind soul can remember that program that PB used on their
    > systems which did exactly that. Man you bring back memories :-)
    >
    > Elector

    ---
  6. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    Found it at Ray's Packard Bell site:

    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/8774/pbtools.html#sc

    The file is called Syscred.exe. About the middle of the page.
    --

    "Louie T Lizard" <louie@nonya.com> wrote in message
    > Elector,
    >
    > I seem to remember an electronic version of System Credentials that would
    do
    > that. I have it on CD *somewhere*, soon as I find it, I 'll post it on my
    > site.
    > --
    > Be seeing you,
    >
    > Louie
    > Gainesville, FL, USA
    > SETI Stats: 1931WU/3.89yrs
    > louiethelizard@flies.hotmail.com
    > eat the flies to email
    >
    > "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Aaron Zarlos" <a2z_1970@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in message

    > > > The models I am referring to are NOT on the UK site either. I have
    > > been
    > > > there before. Maybe the PC's have a program installed that searches
    > > for
    > > > updated drivers, etc?
    > > >

    > > You know I think you got something there. Maybe Ben or Metronid or
    > > some other kind soul can remember that program that PB used on their
    > > systems which did exactly that. Man you bring back memories :-)
    > >
    > > Elector
    > >

    > ---

    ---
  7. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    "Louie T Lizard" <louie@nonya.com> wrote in message
    > Elector,
    >
    > I seem to remember an electronic version of System Credentials that
    would do
    > that. I have it on CD *somewhere*, soon as I find it, I 'll post it
    on my
    > site.
    > --
    > Be seeing you,
    >
    > Louie
    > Gainesville, FL, USA
    > SETI Stats: 1931WU/3.89yrs
    > louiethelizard@flies.hotmail.com
    > eat the flies to email

    Hi Louie:

    I think the original poster was referring to the Automatic Update
    feature that some systems had as an icon on the desktop. Similar to
    the system credentials information. It had the purpose of clicking it
    and the software and or hardware was updated or restored via these
    means. Sort of like the new IBM notebooks have that crash recovery
    button.

    Elector
  8. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    > "Louie T Lizard" <louie@nonya.com> wrote in message
    > > Elector,
    > >
    > > I seem to remember an electronic version of System Credentials that
    > would do
    > > that. I have it on CD *somewhere*, soon as I find it, I 'll post it
    > on my
    > > site.
    > > --
    > > Be seeing you,
    > >
    > > Louie
    > > Gainesville, FL, USA
    > > SETI Stats: 1931WU/3.89yrs
    > > louiethelizard@flies.hotmail.com
    > > eat the flies to email
    > >

    > Hi Louie:
    >
    > I think the original poster was referring to the Automatic Update
    > feature that some systems had as an icon on the desktop. Similar to
    > the system credentials information. It had the purpose of clicking it
    > and the software and or hardware was updated or restored via these
    > means. Sort of like the new IBM notebooks have that crash recovery
    > button.
    >
    > Elector

    Actually I saw something on one yesterday called "PB Info Center" - whether
    that is it I don't know.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    "Aaron Zarlos" <a2z_1970@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    <snip>

    > Actually I saw something on one yesterday called "PB Info Center" -
    whether
    > that is it I don't know.

    I think that tells you what is on your system and your system
    information like that electronic credentials. It may even be that icon
    I was thinking of that click it and it updates the system.

    Elector

Packard Bell Support Computers