Network problems

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
May 5, 2004 8:21:02 AM

Hello.

I am running a wireless network ad hoc. Pc connectred to cable modem wireless card installed, laptop uses pc to connect to internet.

All was working fine until sasser virus. Now I can ping laptop from pc with no problems and share l;aptop files. But laptop is unable to access pc. Is there something simple i am missing?

Thanks Ian

More about : network problems

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b F Wireless
May 5, 2004 11:21:14 AM

What virus protection are you using now to prevent it from happening again.

"Ian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> I am running a wireless network ad hoc. Pc connectred to cable modem
wireless card installed, laptop uses pc to connect to internet.

> All was working fine until sasser virus. Now I can ping laptop from pc
with no problems and share l;aptop files. But laptop is unable to access pc.
Is there something simple i am missing?

> Thanks Ian
May 6, 2004 4:11:02 AM

Hello.

I am using Norton Antivirus, but the real time scan function is swirched off.

Thanks, Ian.
May 14, 2004 4:13:07 AM

Hi,

Such issues occur with firewall installed or teh Xp
firewall enabled.

bye
JOE
!