'Failure to Initialize Video' (ATI MMC) using Radeon 9600XT

I bought the Asus Radeon 9600XT to transfer some analog footage but so
far have been unable to successfully do so. I am trying to do this
using ATI's Multimedia Center 9.0 but when I launch the TV app to
capture video, it keeps telling me that TV was unable to initialize
the video. It then prompts me to run a Test. The test passes but
yields one warning about sound card clock instability. However, I
doubt this would have anything to do with the Failure to Initialize
Video message. I also tried capturing directly in Premiere but it
doesnt even detect my capture card. It simply detects the Firewire on
my motherboard. Asus ships the card with Digital VCR but I find the
options quite limited and would much prefer to use a different app to
capture. Any recommendations on resolving this issue?

Thank you,
Alain

JohnS

Believe it or not, I'm doing great captures from my
oldie Hauppauge WinTV pci card in the same computer
( AMD 2000+ ) with an ATI Raedeon 9000 Pro.
Very few dropouts, and video speed appears to be
good ?? I can capture as mpg instead of AVI too.
I can also capture cable TV with no problems. Best
of all, the whole combo ( $69 for the ATI, and I paid
about $45 for the WinTV maybe 5 years ago ). And
Hauppauge still writes upgrade drivers for the card.
Now THAT is tech support! Go talk to Hauppauge.

johns

Yupper, that's the way I'm going next time. To hell with this Video-In bs
ATI puts you thru.