User accounts: in between limited and administrator

I have a user on my Windows XP Home Edition computer that I don't want to be
an administrator, but they absolutely need to be able to install programs. I
need to find a way of keeping their user type as limited, but tweak a few
things so that they can access a few more things without giving them
administrator rights.

Is there any way I can do this?!

Thanks for your help! :p

Benadd wrote:
> I have a user on my Windows XP Home Edition computer that I don't want to be
> an administrator, but they absolutely need to be able to install programs.

Then he/she "absolutely needs" to be an administrator. You simply
can't have it both ways.

> need to find a way of keeping their user type as limited, but tweak a few
> things so that they can access a few more things without giving them
> administrator rights.

MS-MVP Doug Knox's Security Console might be of assistance with some
issues: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: