User accounts: in between limited and administrator

I have a user on my Windows XP Home Edition computer that I don't want to be
an administrator, but they absolutely need to be able to install programs. I
need to find a way of keeping their user type as limited, but tweak a few
things so that they can access a few more things without giving them
administrator rights.

Is there any way I can do this?!

Thanks for your help! :P
1 answer Last reply
More about user accounts limited administrator

    Benadd wrote:
    > I have a user on my Windows XP Home Edition computer that I don't want to be
    > an administrator, but they absolutely need to be able to install programs.

    Then he/she "absolutely needs" to be an administrator. You simply
    can't have it both ways.

    > need to find a way of keeping their user type as limited, but tweak a few
    > things so that they can access a few more things without giving them
    > administrator rights.

    MS-MVP Doug Knox's Security Console might be of assistance with some
    issues: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

Security Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP