I would choose Nvidia 6800 over Ati X800

When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?

It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
operating system.

On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

--
Ryan Atici
atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com

This is the most unintelligent, weakly thought out, and clout lacking,
NVIDIA fanboy 6800 vs X800 post I've read all week. Enough to make my
stomach turn.

Take your desperate, school-yard trash-talking somewhere else.... and do a
little research before you open your mouth next time.

--
Tony DiMarzio
djtone81@hotmail.com

"Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
> card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
> stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
>
> It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
> crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI
video
> cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze
the
> operating system.
>
> On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
> the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
> X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an
ATI
> video card and having my operating system crash all the time.
>

> --
> Ryan Atici
> atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
> To send email, remove _osmanli

You must be one of them slowww people and do not realize they have greatly
improve the drivers since they came out with their radeon 9700 and onwards.

Hate people living in the past.

And if you go the Nvidia newgroups.. OMG they have driver issues to !
Strange isn't it?

"Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
> card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
> stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
>
> It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
> crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI
video
> cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze
the
> operating system.
>
> On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
> the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
> X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an
ATI
> video card and having my operating system crash all the time.
>

> --
> Ryan Atici
> atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
> To send email, remove _osmanli

I have nad my 9700 pro since it first came out and update drivers each
time they come out...never had a problem It has been in three systems
(abit, asus and now MSI) now ,,,,,,It is in an Athlon 64 3200+ MSI
system now...they have my vote as well! I have removed the stiock
cooler and replaced it with a VGA Silencer though only to reduce
system heat which the silencer is quite good at!

Ryan Atici wrote:
> When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI
> video card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not
> having stable operating system because of flaws in the video card
> driver?
>
> It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable
> and crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems,
> ATI video cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video
> cards freeze the operating system.
>
> On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just
> read the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games
> than ATI X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying
> $500 for an ATI video card and having my operating system crash all
> the time.

I have had literally no crashes since switching to ATI. First with a 9700
Pro, and now with a 9800 Pro.
Can't say the same for when I had Nvidia cards.

I would imagine, many on both sides of the camp, could say the same.
So where is the proof to back you your " given fact" ? Or is that just
conjecture on your part??

Once again , my system has NEVER crashed since putting ATI video card in.
So thanks for asking, but no, I will stick with ATI. I left Nvidia when they
blundered after the GeForce 4 series. They screwed up royally then, and will
take a lot to get me to come back.

Perhaps, if your operating system crashes all the time, you have more
problems than your aware of?
I personally like having a crash free system..

--
Don Burnette

"Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
> card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
> stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
>
> It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
> crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI
video
> cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze
the
> operating system.
>
> On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
> the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
> X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an
ATI
> video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

Take your rhetoric somewhere else fanboy....

Anyone else reading this can replace each occurence of the word ATI with
NVIDIA and vice versa. The argument would be just as valid.

--
somnambulist

Personally my 9800XT was a trip back to ATi having been more than 5 years
since my last ATi video card and the time in between spent with Nvidia
cards. Regards the next gen cards both manufacturers have, lets wait for
real users to get their hands on them and start to find the weaknesses of
both.

It does seem funny to me though the assertion that Nvidia cards are any more
reliable and crash free than their ATi opponents. This simply is neither
what I have experienced or what I read in the Nvidia newsgroups, yes the
issues are different, but there are still issues all the same.

CrimsonLiar

"Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
> card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
> stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
>
> It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
> crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI
video
> cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze
the
> operating system.
>
> On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
> the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
> X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an
ATI
> video card and having my operating system crash all the time.
>

> --
> Ryan Atici
> atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
> To send email, remove _osmanli

Well, I have used video cards from both card manufacturers, I can say both
had their issues. But I didn't dare touch ATI cards until after the 8500+
and until they said OMG SORRY WE MAKE BETTER DRIVERS THIS TIME... :)

I dropped bills on a 9800 pro and never looked back.

"CrimsonLiar" <trash@trash.com> wrote in message
> Personally my 9800XT was a trip back to ATi having been more than 5 years
> since my last ATi video card and the time in between spent with Nvidia
> cards. Regards the next gen cards both manufacturers have, lets wait for
> real users to get their hands on them and start to find the weaknesses of
> both.
>
> It does seem funny to me though the assertion that Nvidia cards are any
more
> reliable and crash free than their ATi opponents. This simply is neither
> what I have experienced or what I read in the Nvidia newsgroups, yes the
> issues are different, but there are still issues all the same.
>
> CrimsonLiar
>
> "Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> > When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI
video
> > card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
> > stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
> >
> > It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
> > crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI
> video
> > cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze
> the
> > operating system.
> >
> > On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just
read
> > the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than
ATI
> > X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an
> ATI
> > video card and having my operating system crash all the time.
> >

> > --
> > Ryan Atici
> > atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
> > To send email, remove _osmanli

On Thu, 6 May 2004 17:53:57 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
<atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:

>When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
>card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
>stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?

Lyin' Ryan

"Tony DiMarzio" <djtone81@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This is the most unintelligent, weakly thought out, and clout lacking,
> NVIDIA fanboy 6800 vs X800 post I've read all week. Enough to make my
> stomach turn.
>
> Take your desperate, school-yard trash-talking somewhere else.... and do a
> little research before you open your mouth next time.

His arguments sounded uncannily like the 32bit v 16bit 3dfx bashing that the
NV fanboys did a few years back...

Of course that was all shite too - I finally "upgraded" to a Geforce and was
pissed off as now I had to play all my games in 32bit just to get as good
image quality as the old V5 in 16bit could do... :-\ Did anyone ever
work out how the 3dfx cards looked so good in 16bit, without any of the
artefacts or hatchweave patterns that Nvidia 16bit had?

Anyway, my 9600XT will do me nicely until I upgrade to my next Radeon - long
live ATI :)

Neil

Don Burnette left a note on my windscreen which said:

> OPen GL? Thought that was archaic by now. I'll take D3D visual quality and
> performance any day.

It mostly is. But there are some out there. I would be lying if I said
I wasn't quite dissapointed when I fired up Neverwinter Nights on my new
9800 Pro and it performed worse than my Ti4600.

On the other hand the majority of games are D3D now so it isn't a big
issue.

> I have had every generation of Nvidia up through GeForce4 Ti4400. Had
> crashes. Switched to ATI after the horrendous reviews of Nvidia's new leaf
> blower offering, never looked back.
> No crashes.

I think the only problem I have had is flashing textures on Far Cry with
my Radeon. Fixed in the 4.4 drivers.

> One of the best choices/decisions I ever made was going to ATI. I think
> Nvidia lost quite a few customers during that time. Getting them back, will
> prove not as easy as losing them did.

I remain quite indifferent to the two. I like the horsepower of the
Radeon but my Ti4600 was no diffeent when I bought that. Very few
problems with either of them.

--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Thu, 6 May 2004 17:53:57 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
<atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:

||When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
||card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
||stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
||It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
||crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
||cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
||operating system.
||On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
||the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
||X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
||video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

You are misinformed.

Pluvious

minotaur

Ryan Atici wrote:
> When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
> card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
> stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
>
> It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
> crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
> cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
> operating system.
>
> On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
> the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
> X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
> video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjEx

You should have read more R420 reviews before trying to think of reasons
to hate the one you once loved.

BP

On Thu, 6 May 2004 17:53:57 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
<atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:

>When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
>card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
>stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
>
>It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
>crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
>cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
>operating system.
>
>On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
>the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
>X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
>video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

Are you on dope ?

>Perhaps, if your operating system crashes all the time, you have more
>problems than your aware of?

It occasionally crashes with ATI cards. When the ATI card is removed,
everything back to normal.

>I personally like having a crash free system..

Then ATI is a bad choice.

--
Ryan Atici
atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
To send email, remove _osmanli

On Thu, 6 May 2004 17:53:57 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
<atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:

>On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
>the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
>X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
>video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

I wouldn't pay $500 for a video card. By the time the card gets down
to $200, the drivers should work fine.

BP

On Thu, 6 May 2004 17:53:57 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
<atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:

>When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
>card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
>stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
>
>It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
>crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
>cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
>operating system.
>
>On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
>the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
>X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
>video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any
NVIDIA video card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an NVIDIA video
card and not having stable operating system because of flaws in the
video card driver?

It is a given fact that none of the NVIDIA video cards are as reliable
and crash-free as the ATI video cards. Because of driver problems,
NVIDIA video cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, NVIDIA
video cards freeze the operating system.

On the other hand, ATI CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just
read the recent benchmarks. ATI x800 performs better in many games
than NVIDIA 68000. I would definitely get ATI X800 rather than paying
$500 for an NVIDIA 6800video card and having my operating system crash
all the time.

Two can play this game.
ITS EASY !!!

> >Perhaps, if your operating system crashes all the time, you have more
> >problems than your aware of?
>
> It occasionally crashes with ATI cards. When the ATI card is removed,
> everything back to normal.

You really don't have a clue what you're talking about do you?

> >I personally like having a crash free system..
>
> Then ATI is a bad choice.

No fanboy, letting you use a computer - unsupervised - was a bad choice.

Now go back to your room like a good little boy, and don't be tempted to
switch on the scary machine about which you don't have a clue what to do
with.

--
somnambulist

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

"Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
> card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
> stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
>
> It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
> crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI
video
> cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze
the
> operating system.
>
> On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
> the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
> X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an
ATI
> video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

Prove it.

--
Les
AMD64 3200+

>>It occasionally crashes with ATI cards. When the ATI card is removed,
>>everything back to normal.

>You really don't have a clue what you're talking about do you?

You're the one who is stuck with ATI, not me! I've learned from my past
experience and moved on as apposed to you getting stuck in the unstable,
occasional crash-world of ATI.

>> >I personally like having a crash free system..
>>
>> Then ATI is a bad choice.

>No fanboy, letting you use a computer - unsupervised - was a bad choice.

Bad choice is allowing you to talk without parental guidance... That' the
real bad choice...

>Now go back to your room like a good little boy, and don't be tempted to
>switch on the scary machine about which you don't have a clue what to do
>with.

I am sure that's what your parents tell you to do. At least, you're catching
on...

--
Ryan Atici
atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
To send email, remove _osmanli

>I wouldn't pay $500 for a video card. By the time the card gets down
>to $200, the drivers should work fine.

By that time, another video card will come out to overshadow that video
card, and you will want to get the best one, then you will say again that
you want to wait until the price of the new video card drops down to $200,
and by that time, a stable driver should be put out. As you wait for that
one, another new card will be released to overshadow that video card as
well. It is a never-ending cycle.

--
Ryan Atici
atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
To send email, remove _osmanli

> Prove it.

It is already proven...

--

Ryan Atici wrote:
>> Prove it.
>
> It is already proven...

Show facts. Your sources.

Your stating nothing more, than merely your opinion. And your rantings, is
making your opinion less and less worthwhile.

I have run both 9700 Pro, and now 9800 Pro, without a glitch. No crashes on
XP Pro, not one. I always update to the latest Catalyst drivers.

--
Don Burnette

> >>It occasionally crashes with ATI cards. When the ATI card is removed,
> >>everything back to normal.
>
> >You really don't have a clue what you're talking about do you?
>
> You're the one who is stuck with ATI, not me! I've learned from my past
> experience and moved on as apposed to you getting stuck in the unstable,
> occasional crash-world of ATI.

I'm afraid I'm stuck in the world of completely stable ATI products, Mr
Nvidia fanboy.

You go on and on about ATI products being unstable, yet I and many users
have nothing but the polar opposite to say about them. You have so far been
complete unable to prove your wild theory and back it up with facts, so I
suggest that you go back, research things a little more and then eat your
humble pie when you finally realise you're talking complete and utter
twaddle.

> >> Then ATI is a bad choice.
>
> >No fanboy, letting you use a computer - unsupervised - was a bad choice.
>
> Bad choice is allowing you to talk without parental guidance... That' the
> real bad choice...

You might think so.... I couldn't possibly comment.

> >Now go back to your room like a good little boy, and don't be tempted to
> >switch on the scary machine about which you don't have a clue what to do
> >with.
>
> I am sure that's what your parents tell you to do. At least, you're
catching
> on...

No my dear boy, I'm afraid it's you that needs to catch on.

Let me say it again, just so we're clear: prove your stupid theory and
people might actually take your wild rantings seriously, until you've done
that though, start smacking yourself with a piece of clue by four until you
realise you're talking rubbish.

--
somnambulist

> > Prove it.
>
> It is already proven...

No it isn't. You've merely spouted a load of fanboy rhetoric that has no
basis in fact.

--
somnambulist