I would choose Nvidia 6800 over Ati X800

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2004 9:53:57 PM

When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?

It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
operating system.

On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

--
Ryan Atici
atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com

This is the most unintelligent, weakly thought out, and clout lacking,
NVIDIA fanboy 6800 vs X800 post I've read all week. Enough to make my
stomach turn.

Take your desperate, school-yard trash-talking somewhere else.... and do a
little research before you open your mouth next time.

--
Tony DiMarzio
djtone81@hotmail.com

"Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
> card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
> stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
>
> It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
> crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI
video
> cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze
the
> operating system.
>
> On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
> the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
> X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an
ATI
> video card and having my operating system crash all the time.
>

> --
> Ryan Atici
> atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
> To send email, remove _osmanli

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2004 11:48:12 PM

You must be one of them slowww people and do not realize they have greatly
improve the drivers since they came out with their radeon 9700 and onwards.

Hate people living in the past.

And if you go the Nvidia newgroups.. OMG they have driver issues to !
Strange isn't it?

"Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
> card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
> stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
>
> It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
> crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI
video
> cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze
the
> operating system.
>
> On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
> the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
> X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an
ATI
> video card and having my operating system crash all the time.
>

> --
> Ryan Atici
> atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
> To send email, remove _osmanli

a b U Graphics card
May 7, 2004 1:00:36 AM

I have nad my 9700 pro since it first came out and update drivers each
time they come out...never had a problem It has been in three systems
(abit, asus and now MSI) now ,,,,,,It is in an Athlon 64 3200+ MSI
system now...they have my vote as well! I have removed the stiock
cooler and replaced it with a VGA Silencer though only to reduce
system heat which the silencer is quite good at!
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 7, 2004 2:23:49 AM

Ryan Atici wrote:
> When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI
> video card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not
> having stable operating system because of flaws in the video card
> driver?
>
> It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable
> and crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems,
> ATI video cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video
> cards freeze the operating system.
>
> On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just
> read the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games
> than ATI X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying
> $500 for an ATI video card and having my operating system crash all
> the time.

I have had literally no crashes since switching to ATI. First with a 9700
Pro, and now with a 9800 Pro.
Can't say the same for when I had Nvidia cards.

I would imagine, many on both sides of the camp, could say the same.
So where is the proof to back you your " given fact" ? Or is that just
conjecture on your part??

Once again , my system has NEVER crashed since putting ATI video card in.
So thanks for asking, but no, I will stick with ATI. I left Nvidia when they
blundered after the GeForce 4 series. They screwed up royally then, and will
take a lot to get me to come back.

Perhaps, if your operating system crashes all the time, you have more
problems than your aware of?
I personally like having a crash free system..

--
Don Burnette
Anonymous

"Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
> card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
> stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
>
> It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
> crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI
video
> cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze
the
> operating system.
>
> On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
> the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
> X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an
ATI
> video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

Take your rhetoric somewhere else fanboy....

Anyone else reading this can replace each occurence of the word ATI with
NVIDIA and vice versa. The argument would be just as valid.

--
somnambulist
Anonymous

Personally my 9800XT was a trip back to ATi having been more than 5 years
since my last ATi video card and the time in between spent with Nvidia
cards. Regards the next gen cards both manufacturers have, lets wait for
real users to get their hands on them and start to find the weaknesses of
both.

It does seem funny to me though the assertion that Nvidia cards are any more
reliable and crash free than their ATi opponents. This simply is neither
what I have experienced or what I read in the Nvidia newsgroups, yes the
issues are different, but there are still issues all the same.

CrimsonLiar

"Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
> card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
> stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
>
> It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
> crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI
video
> cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze
the
> operating system.
>
> On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
> the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
> X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an
ATI
> video card and having my operating system crash all the time.
>

> --
> Ryan Atici
> atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
> To send email, remove _osmanli

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 7, 2004 3:49:54 AM

Well, I have used video cards from both card manufacturers, I can say both
had their issues. But I didn't dare touch ATI cards until after the 8500+
and until they said OMG SORRY WE MAKE BETTER DRIVERS THIS TIME... :)

I dropped bills on a 9800 pro and never looked back.

"CrimsonLiar" <trash@trash.com> wrote in message
news:p hzmc.160$YJ3.57@newsfe1-win...
> Personally my 9800XT was a trip back to ATi having been more than 5 years
> since my last ATi video card and the time in between spent with Nvidia
> cards. Regards the next gen cards both manufacturers have, lets wait for
> real users to get their hands on them and start to find the weaknesses of
> both.
>
> It does seem funny to me though the assertion that Nvidia cards are any
more
> reliable and crash free than their ATi opponents. This simply is neither
> what I have experienced or what I read in the Nvidia newsgroups, yes the
> issues are different, but there are still issues all the same.
>
> CrimsonLiar
>
> "Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> > When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI
video
> > card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
> > stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
> >
> > It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
> > crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI
> video
> > cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze
> the
> > operating system.
> >
> > On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just
read
> > the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than
ATI
> > X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an
> ATI
> > video card and having my operating system crash all the time.
> >

> > --
> > Ryan Atici
> > atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
> > To send email, remove _osmanli

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 7, 2004 10:29:22 AM

On Thu, 6 May 2004 17:53:57 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
<atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:

>When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
>card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
>stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?

Lyin' Ryan
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 7, 2004 3:23:51 PM

"Tony DiMarzio" <djtone81@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This is the most unintelligent, weakly thought out, and clout lacking,
> NVIDIA fanboy 6800 vs X800 post I've read all week. Enough to make my
> stomach turn.
>
> Take your desperate, school-yard trash-talking somewhere else.... and do a
> little research before you open your mouth next time.

His arguments sounded uncannily like the 32bit v 16bit 3dfx bashing that the
NV fanboys did a few years back...

Of course that was all shite too - I finally "upgraded" to a Geforce and was
pissed off as now I had to play all my games in 32bit just to get as good
image quality as the old V5 in 16bit could do... :-\ Did anyone ever
work out how the 3dfx cards looked so good in 16bit, without any of the
artefacts or hatchweave patterns that Nvidia 16bit had?

Anyway, my 9600XT will do me nicely until I upgrade to my next Radeon - long
live ATI :-)

Neil
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 7, 2004 3:45:36 PM

Don Burnette left a note on my windscreen which said:

> OPen GL? Thought that was archaic by now. I'll take D3D visual quality and
> performance any day.

It mostly is. But there are some out there. I would be lying if I said
I wasn't quite dissapointed when I fired up Neverwinter Nights on my new
9800 Pro and it performed worse than my Ti4600.

On the other hand the majority of games are D3D now so it isn't a big
issue.

> I have had every generation of Nvidia up through GeForce4 Ti4400. Had
> crashes. Switched to ATI after the horrendous reviews of Nvidia's new leaf
> blower offering, never looked back.
> No crashes.

I think the only problem I have had is flashing textures on Far Cry with
my Radeon. Fixed in the 4.4 drivers.

> One of the best choices/decisions I ever made was going to ATI. I think
> Nvidia lost quite a few customers during that time. Getting them back, will
> prove not as easy as losing them did.

I remain quite indifferent to the two. I like the horsepower of the
Radeon but my Ti4600 was no diffeent when I bought that. Very few
problems with either of them.

--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]
May 7, 2004 10:54:53 PM

On Thu, 6 May 2004 17:53:57 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
<atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:

||When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
||card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
||stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
||It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
||crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
||cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
||operating system.
||On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
||the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
||X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
||video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

You are misinformed.

Pluvious
May 7, 2004 11:21:02 PM

Ryan Atici wrote:
> When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
> card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
> stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
>
> It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
> crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
> cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
> operating system.
>
> On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
> the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
> X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
> video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjEx

You should have read more R420 reviews before trying to think of reasons
to hate the one you once loved.
May 8, 2004 12:09:57 PM

On Thu, 6 May 2004 17:53:57 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
<atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:

>When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
>card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
>stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
>
>It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
>crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
>cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
>operating system.
>
>On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
>the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
>X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
>video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

Are you on dope ?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 8, 2004 1:37:27 PM

>Perhaps, if your operating system crashes all the time, you have more
>problems than your aware of?

It occasionally crashes with ATI cards. When the ATI card is removed,
everything back to normal.

>I personally like having a crash free system..

Then ATI is a bad choice.

--
Ryan Atici
atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
To send email, remove _osmanli
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 8, 2004 1:45:11 PM

On Thu, 6 May 2004 17:53:57 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
<atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:

>On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
>the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
>X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
>video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

I wouldn't pay $500 for a video card. By the time the card gets down
to $200, the drivers should work fine.
May 8, 2004 3:48:46 PM

On Thu, 6 May 2004 17:53:57 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
<atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:

>When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
>card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
>stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
>
>It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
>crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
>cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
>operating system.
>
>On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
>the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
>X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
>video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any
NVIDIA video card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an NVIDIA video
card and not having stable operating system because of flaws in the
video card driver?

It is a given fact that none of the NVIDIA video cards are as reliable
and crash-free as the ATI video cards. Because of driver problems,
NVIDIA video cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, NVIDIA
video cards freeze the operating system.

On the other hand, ATI CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just
read the recent benchmarks. ATI x800 performs better in many games
than NVIDIA 68000. I would definitely get ATI X800 rather than paying
$500 for an NVIDIA 6800video card and having my operating system crash
all the time.

Two can play this game.
ITS EASY !!!
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 8, 2004 9:30:20 PM

> >Perhaps, if your operating system crashes all the time, you have more
> >problems than your aware of?
>
> It occasionally crashes with ATI cards. When the ATI card is removed,
> everything back to normal.

You really don't have a clue what you're talking about do you?

> >I personally like having a crash free system..
>
> Then ATI is a bad choice.

No fanboy, letting you use a computer - unsupervised - was a bad choice.

Now go back to your room like a good little boy, and don't be tempted to
switch on the scary machine about which you don't have a clue what to do
with.

--
somnambulist
May 8, 2004 11:01:24 PM

"Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
> card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
> stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?
>
> It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
> crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI
video
> cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze
the
> operating system.
>
> On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
> the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
> X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an
ATI
> video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

Prove it.

--
Les
AMD64 3200+

>>It occasionally crashes with ATI cards. When the ATI card is removed,
>>everything back to normal.

>You really don't have a clue what you're talking about do you?

You're the one who is stuck with ATI, not me! I've learned from my past
experience and moved on as apposed to you getting stuck in the unstable,
occasional crash-world of ATI.

>> >I personally like having a crash free system..
>>
>> Then ATI is a bad choice.

>No fanboy, letting you use a computer - unsupervised - was a bad choice.

Bad choice is allowing you to talk without parental guidance... That' the
real bad choice...

>Now go back to your room like a good little boy, and don't be tempted to
>switch on the scary machine about which you don't have a clue what to do
>with.

I am sure that's what your parents tell you to do. At least, you're catching
on...

--
Ryan Atici
atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
To send email, remove _osmanli
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2004 12:24:49 AM

>I wouldn't pay $500 for a video card. By the time the card gets down
>to $200, the drivers should work fine.

By that time, another video card will come out to overshadow that video
card, and you will want to get the best one, then you will say again that
you want to wait until the price of the new video card drops down to $200,
and by that time, a stable driver should be put out. As you wait for that
one, another new card will be released to overshadow that video card as
well. It is a never-ending cycle.

--
Ryan Atici
atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
To send email, remove _osmanli
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2004 12:26:03 AM

> Prove it.

It is already proven...

--
Ryan Atici
atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
To send email, remove _osmanli
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2004 2:19:40 AM

Ryan Atici wrote:
>> Prove it.
>
> It is already proven...

Show facts. Your sources.

Your stating nothing more, than merely your opinion. And your rantings, is
making your opinion less and less worthwhile.

I have run both 9700 Pro, and now 9800 Pro, without a glitch. No crashes on
XP Pro, not one. I always update to the latest Catalyst drivers.

--
Don Burnette
Anonymous

> >>It occasionally crashes with ATI cards. When the ATI card is removed,
> >>everything back to normal.
>
> >You really don't have a clue what you're talking about do you?
>
> You're the one who is stuck with ATI, not me! I've learned from my past
> experience and moved on as apposed to you getting stuck in the unstable,
> occasional crash-world of ATI.

I'm afraid I'm stuck in the world of completely stable ATI products, Mr
Nvidia fanboy.

You go on and on about ATI products being unstable, yet I and many users
have nothing but the polar opposite to say about them. You have so far been
complete unable to prove your wild theory and back it up with facts, so I
suggest that you go back, research things a little more and then eat your
humble pie when you finally realise you're talking complete and utter
twaddle.

> >> Then ATI is a bad choice.
>
> >No fanboy, letting you use a computer - unsupervised - was a bad choice.
>
> Bad choice is allowing you to talk without parental guidance... That' the
> real bad choice...

You might think so.... I couldn't possibly comment.

> >Now go back to your room like a good little boy, and don't be tempted to
> >switch on the scary machine about which you don't have a clue what to do
> >with.
>
> I am sure that's what your parents tell you to do. At least, you're
catching
> on...

No my dear boy, I'm afraid it's you that needs to catch on.

Let me say it again, just so we're clear: prove your stupid theory and
people might actually take your wild rantings seriously, until you've done
that though, start smacking yourself with a piece of clue by four until you
realise you're talking rubbish.

--
somnambulist
Anonymous

> > Prove it.
>
> It is already proven...

No it isn't. You've merely spouted a load of fanboy rhetoric that has no
basis in fact.

--
somnambulist
May 9, 2004 1:59:55 PM

"Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> > Prove it.
>
> It is already proven...

Proven where, by whom?

Show me the proof, do not merely state its proven then not back the
statement up.
--
Les
AMD64 3200+
2x512 MB corsair platinum 3500
Gigabyte GA-K8VNXP
Herc 9700 Pro
SB Audigy
May 9, 2004 3:04:30 PM

On Sun, 9 May 2004 09:59:55 +0100, "Les" <a@aolnot.com> wrote:

>"Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
>> > Prove it.
>>
>> It is already proven...
>>

>Proven where, by whom?
>
>Show me the proof, do not merely state its proven then not back the
>statement up.
That's all he can.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2004 6:27:29 PM

On Sat, 8 May 2004 20:24:49 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
<atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:

>>I wouldn't pay $500 for a video card. By the time the card gets down
>>to $200, the drivers should work fine.
>

>By that time, another video card will come out to overshadow that video
>card,
>
>and you will want to get the best one,

Your screwball logic hit the bottom right there.

I meant exactly what I said, not what you dream.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2004 6:29:23 PM

On Sun, 09 May 2004 02:38:30 GMT, "somnambulist"
<somnambulist@simplybeinglove.not> wrote:

>"Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message
>>
>> >You really don't have a clue what you're talking about do you?
>>
>> You're the one who is stuck with ATI, not me! I've learned from my past
>> experience and moved on as apposed to you getting stuck in the unstable,
>> occasional crash-world of ATI.
>
>I'm afraid I'm stuck in the world of completely stable ATI products, Mr
>Nvidia fanboy.
>
>You go on and on about ATI products being unstable, yet I and many users
>have nothing but the polar opposite to say about them. You have so far been
>complete unable to prove your wild theory and back it up with facts, so I
>suggest that you go back, research things a little more and then eat your
>humble pie when you finally realise you're talking complete and utter
>twaddle.

>> >No fanboy, letting you use a computer - unsupervised - was a bad choice.
>>
>> Bad choice is allowing you to talk without parental guidance... That' the
>> real bad choice...
>
>You might think so.... I couldn't possibly comment.
>
>> >Now go back to your room like a good little boy, and don't be tempted to
>> >switch on the scary machine about which you don't have a clue what to do
>> >with.
>>
>> I am sure that's what your parents tell you to do. At least, you're
>catching
>> on...
>
>No my dear boy, I'm afraid it's you that needs to catch on.
>
>Let me say it again, just so we're clear: prove your stupid theory and
>people might actually take your wild rantings seriously, until you've done
>that though, start smacking yourself with a piece of clue by four until you
>realise you're talking rubbish.

Nvidia drivers still tend to be more stable than ATI. I use both
chipsets and have for years (currently TI4400, FX5200, 9600XT, 9800pro
with windows 2000 and XP) and i consistently have less issues with
NVidia drivers. That being said, I love my ATI cards and I wish they
would get their act together with better testing of their drivers.
NVidia gets feedback from their "leaked" betas. Does ATI? I have never
even seen a beta driver from them,so who knows.
May 9, 2004 9:24:50 PM

On Sat, 8 May 2004 20:24:49 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
<atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:

||>I wouldn't pay $500 for a video card. By the time the card gets down
||>to $200, the drivers should work fine.
||By that time, another video card will come out to overshadow that video
||card, and you will want to get the best one, then you will say again that
||you want to wait until the price of the new video card drops down to $200,
||and by that time, a stable driver should be put out. As you wait for that
||one, another new card will be released to overshadow that video card as
||well. It is a never-ending cycle.

And how is this different then Nvidia? They have cards that cost $500
and will eventually get down to $200 as well. Ryan, you're either a
troll trying to get ATI users all upset or just stupid.

Pluvious
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2004 10:07:11 PM

Simple example, a recent one posted by Harry Putnam. Let's read what kind of
problem he is having with his 9800XT. ;-)

----------
Group,

Some times on bootup, and it seems to be happening more often, I get
my initial login screen but with some kind of strange overlay or
corruption.

The overlay consists of columns of bars about 1 1/4 inches long and
columns that strech full length of monitor. About 8-10 columns wide.
Columns have about an inch of space between them. Something like:

====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ======
====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ======
====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ======
[...]

Its transparent but opaque enough that it makes doing any thing
impossible. Usually a full stop/restart sequence is required to make
it disappear. A reboot usually doesn't do it.

And sometimes even a full stop/restart and it still shows up for
several cycles.

Mobo is the Asus KV8 mobo for athlon64.

Any one have a clue what might be the cause of this?

----------

Now let's read how another poster named Dave W. responds
----------
Some rumors say that Athlon 64 motherboards are having some conflicts with
Radeon cards.
----------

I rest my case. ATI cards cause nothing but never-ending problems. Problems
related to video card driver, problems related to some sort of motherboard
or this or that incompatibility. Problems, problems, nothing but
never-ending problems with ATI cards. You ATI losers, I mean "users" are
pathetically in denial to acknowledge the wide-spread and well-known
problems of the ATI cards...

--
Ryan Atici
atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
To send email, remove _osmanli
May 9, 2004 10:26:38 PM

On Sun, 09 May 2004 14:29:23 -0400, NoneOfBusiness
<NoneOfBusiness@nob.net> wrote:

>Nvidia drivers still tend to be more stable than ATI. I use both
>chipsets and have for years (currently TI4400, FX5200, 9600XT, 9800pro
>with windows 2000 and XP) and i consistently have less issues with
>NVidia drivers. That being said, I love my ATI cards and I wish they
>would get their act together with better testing of their drivers.

Exactly what problems are you having with the drivers ?

>NVidia gets feedback from their "leaked" betas. Does ATI? I have never
>even seen a beta driver from them,so who knows.

So what. You bitch about buggy drivers but then you want beta drivers
? Doesn't make sense to me.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2004 10:36:17 PM

Ryan Atici
atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
To send email, remove _osmanli

> >Nvidia drivers still tend to be more stable than ATI. I use both
> >chipsets and have for years (currently TI4400, FX5200, 9600XT, 9800pro
> >with windows 2000 and XP) and i consistently have less issues with
> >NVidia drivers. That being said, I love my ATI cards and I wish they
> >would get their act together with better testing of their drivers.
>
> Exactly what problems are you having with the drivers ?

He's simply having "lying" problems. ;-) That's all.

> >NVidia gets feedback from their "leaked" betas. Does ATI? I have never
> >even seen a beta driver from them,so who knows.
>
> So what. You bitch about buggy drivers but then you want beta drivers
> ? Doesn't make sense to me.

ATI users lack common sense since they can't come to terms with the flaws of
ATI cards.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2004 11:01:41 PM

Pluvious wrote:
> And how is this different then Nvidia? They have cards that cost $500
> and will eventually get down to $200 as well. Ryan, you're either a
> troll trying to get ATI users all upset or just stupid.

....or both.

Ben
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2004 11:30:36 PM

On Sun, 09 May 2004 18:26:38 -0400, bp <6ball@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 09 May 2004 14:29:23 -0400, NoneOfBusiness
><NoneOfBusiness@nob.net> wrote:
>
>>Nvidia drivers still tend to be more stable than ATI. I use both
>>chipsets and have for years (currently TI4400, FX5200, 9600XT, 9800pro
>>with windows 2000 and XP) and i consistently have less issues with
>>NVidia drivers. That being said, I love my ATI cards and I wish they
>>would get their act together with better testing of their drivers.
>
>Exactly what problems are you having with the drivers ?
>
>>NVidia gets feedback from their "leaked" betas. Does ATI? I have never
>>even seen a beta driver from them,so who knows.
>
>So what. You bitch about buggy drivers but then you want beta drivers
>? Doesn't make sense to me.

I am just making the point that with people testing beta drivers (not
me) that nvidia can have feedback on what sorts of "problems" they may
have and "fix" them accordingly. As a software developer, this is a
huge plus to have others test your code and give you feedback.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2004 2:20:24 AM

"NoneOfBusiness" <NoneOfBusiness@nob.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 09 May 2004 02:38:30 GMT, "somnambulist"
> <somnambulist@simplybeinglove.not> wrote:
>

> >"Ryan Atici" <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote in message

> >> You're the one who is stuck with ATI, not me! I've learned from my past
> >> experience and moved on as apposed to you getting stuck in the
unstable,
> >> occasional crash-world of ATI.
> >
> >I'm afraid I'm stuck in the world of completely stable ATI products, Mr
> >Nvidia fanboy.
> >
> >You go on and on about ATI products being unstable, yet I and many users
> >have nothing but the polar opposite to say about them. You have so far
been
> >complete unable to prove your wild theory and back it up with facts, so I
> >suggest that you go back, research things a little more and then eat your
> >humble pie when you finally realise you're talking complete and utter
> >twaddle.

> >> Bad choice is allowing you to talk without parental guidance... That'
the
> >> real bad choice...
> >
> >You might think so.... I couldn't possibly comment.

> >> I am sure that's what your parents tell you to do. At least, you're
> >catching
> >> on...
> >
> >No my dear boy, I'm afraid it's you that needs to catch on.
> >
> >Let me say it again, just so we're clear: prove your stupid theory and
> >people might actually take your wild rantings seriously, until you've
done
> >that though, start smacking yourself with a piece of clue by four until
you
> >realise you're talking rubbish.
>
> Nvidia drivers still tend to be more stable than ATI. I use both
> chipsets and have for years (currently TI4400, FX5200, 9600XT, 9800pro
> with windows 2000 and XP) and i consistently have less issues with
> NVidia drivers. That being said, I love my ATI cards and I wish they
> would get their act together with better testing of their drivers.
> NVidia gets feedback from their "leaked" betas. Does ATI? I have never
> even seen a beta driver from them,so who knows.

In my experience I've had more problems with Nvidia drivers than owt else
(I've got a GF3ti200 and an FX5900, in addition to the far superior Radeon
9700 Pro and the X800XT PE I'll get!!). It's all horses for courses
though - what works for one might not work for another.... I'll not mention
closed, private Beta testing of ATI drivers though ;-)

At least you've given us a little background on your experiences, for which
you're to be commended, which is more than can be said for Bushwhacker.

--
somnambulist
May 10, 2004 3:40:47 AM

On Sun, 9 May 2004 18:48:51 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
<atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:

>> You rest your case ?

hey Ryan I found this from you

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=author:ryan+author:at...

Looks like you have Nvidia driver problems. LOL

It's no wonder you have driver problems you can't even do enter level
tech support.

I have a question for you.
If GW Bush bought a Nvidia card would that make you a Nazi ? LOL

Later troll boy.

Don't bother replying your post are now in the trash bin.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2004 3:40:48 AM

>hey Ryan I found this from you
>
>http://groups.google.com/groups?q=author:ryan+author:at...
>
>Looks like you have Nvidia driver problems. LOL
>
>It's no wonder you have driver problems you can't even do enter level
>tech support.
>
>I have a question for you.
>If GW Bush bought a Nvidia card would that make you a Nazi ? LOL
>
>Later troll boy.
>
>Don't bother replying your post are now in the trash bin.

LMAO, good find!!! you may want to point him to the power button as
well...
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2004 4:06:41 AM

On Sun, 9 May 2004 19:01:41 +0100, "Ben Pope" <spam@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Pluvious wrote:
>> And how is this different then Nvidia? They have cards that cost $500
>> and will eventually get down to $200 as well. Ryan, you're either a
>> troll trying to get ATI users all upset or just stupid.
>

>...or both.
>
>Ben

Absolutely, Ben. But he hasn't half got a lot of people going! ;-)

patrickp

a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2004 5:18:09 AM

> >I have a question for you.
> >If GW Bush bought a Nvidia card would that make you a Nazi ? LOL

George W. Bush is not smart enough to buy the right video card. So he would
pick up an ATI card. ;-)

--
Ryan Atici
atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
To send email, remove _osmanli
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2004 7:34:08 AM

On Mon, 10 May 2004 01:18:09 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
<atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:

>> >I have a question for you.
>> >If GW Bush bought a Nvidia card would that make you a Nazi ? LOL
>
>George W. Bush is not smart enough to buy the right video card. So he would
>pick up an ATI card. ;-)

you must also think the world is flat
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2004 9:58:46 AM

> > >I have a question for you.
> > >If GW Bush bought a Nvidia card would that make you a Nazi ? LOL
>
> George W. Bush is not smart enough to buy the right video card. So he
would
> pick up an ATI card. ;-)

Nvidia lies, drivers die....

PLONK

--
somnambulist
Anonymous

"OverKlocker" <nunya@biznez.net> wrote in message

>>George W. Bush is not smart enough to buy the right video card. So he
>>would
>>pick up an ATI card. ;-)
>
> you must also think the world is flat

Pretty sure GWB thinks so too hehe
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2004 10:35:18 PM

> Indeed.... he sounds very upset and violent about GWB doesn't he? ;-)
>
> --
> somnambulist

Because he is the biggest idiot as well as a warlord. It is sad that such
idiot represents the American people. He doesn't care about the lives of the
American soldiers getting killed every single day in Iraq. All he cares
about this own agenda. This idiot promised a creation of 3 million extra
jobs, but during his presidency we lost 3 million jobs. In defiance of the
United Nations, he waged war against Iraq thinking he was all mighty and
could handle the war without the approval of other nations, when the death
toll of the American troops started rising, he started seeking support of
the United Nations. George W. Bush gotta go for the well-being of our
country.

Vote him out!

--
Ryan Atici
atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
To send email, remove _osmanli
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2004 10:38:32 PM

> The sad thing is that even though he goes about it like a moron I
> agree (some what) with him.

At least, you can be honest from time to time. ;-)

> Kind of scary.
> Makes me think that when I finally "Grow up" I may be just like him.
> .............NOT ! ;-)

You're growing into your senses. You're in the right direction. ;-)

--
Ryan Atici
atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
To send email, remove _osmanli
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2004 11:08:52 PM

On Sun, 09 May 2004 23:40:47 -0400, bp wrote:

> On Sun, 9 May 2004 18:48:51 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
> <atici_ryan_OSMANLI@hotpop.com> wrote:
>
>>> You rest your case ?
>>
> hey Ryan I found this from you
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=author:ryan+author:at...
>
> Looks like you have Nvidia driver problems. LOL
<snip>

hahahaha

How humiliating!

--

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
You won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

> > hey Ryan I found this from you

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=author:ryan+author:at...

> > Looks like you have Nvidia driver problems. LOL
> <snip>

It is not Nvidia driver problem, idiot. Read it again! It is a problem
related to operating system assigning a letter for the slave hard drive. I
just wanted to change the automatically assigned letter to another letter of
my choice.

> hahahaha
>
> How humiliating!

It is not more humiliating than ATI performance after paying $500. ;-)

Did you learn everything in your mother's uterus before you were born,
idiot? I bet you didn't know anything about XP right off the bat when you
started using that operating system. It is not a shame to ask and seek
information.

It is shame to be persistently in denial in spite of known flaws of the ATI
cards. If you don't mind, I have no choice but rest my case again 'cause I
just scored a bull's eye again. ;-)

--
Ryan Atici
atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
To send email, remove _osmanli
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 11, 2004 12:58:40 AM

Oh dear.. where did I put it. I can't seem to find it..any....where the hell
is it.? OHHHH! There it is.. Right below me. I knew I put it somewhere.

> Write this down! If Bush is re-elected, the draft will be re-instated on
> June 15, 2005. And thousands of unwilling U.S. citizens who don't believe
in
> this war and don't want to get killed in this war will be drafted and
> killed.
>
> --
> Ryan Atici
> atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
> To send email, remove _osmanli

It seems we'll be separating the men from the boys real quick then. Flee if
you want. I won't think any less of you than I already do,... that's for
sure.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 11, 2004 1:58:44 AM

>It seems we'll be separating the men from the boys real quick then. Flee if
>you want.

All you're gonna separate is the dead soldiers from the survivors of
leftover soldiers. Yep, we all saw how 130 thousand American soldiers
behaved as boys as handful of Iraqi Al-Sadr's supporters stopped the
American troops. There is more to being a man than you think.

>I won't think any less of you than I already do,... that's for
>sure

Nothing is less than your own misconception. That's for sure.

---
Ryan Atici
atici_ryan_osmanli@hotpop.com
To send email, remove _osmanli
May 11, 2004 3:50:32 AM

On Mon, 10 May 2004 21:16:32 -0500, "Don Burnette"
<d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:

>Go to Canada.

Why?

>I would gladly fight, and die, for my freedom and the freedom of my children
>in the United Sates of America.

Who wouldn't?

> And I would gladly kill, all the raghead
>terrorists, that I could in the process.

Do they have to be "rag head terrorist"?

>On 9/11, app 3000 of my brothers and sisters were killed by these cowards.
>They declared war, and this is war.

Pssst the ones that did that are in Pakistan (or who know where now)
not Iraq.

You sound like the rest of the lemming that blindly followed and
supported GB lies to go to war with Iraq simply because they are "rag
heads" and an easy target.

You sound more like a racist with nothing but revenge on your mind.

!