Question about Uprgading ram on an Easy One 1550

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b D Laptop
June 27, 2004 5:47:35 PM

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well.

For several years now, I've been the proud owner of a somewhat
mischievious Packard Bell Easy One 1550 thingy. It occured to me the other
day that it was getting on a bit now, and it was probably time I upgraded
it, as it's getting a little bit elderly now. It has 64 megs of ram stuck
in it's bottom, with, apparently, room for 256 megs up there

I've never upgraded ram in a laptop before, so I wondered if someone could
(be bothered to) tell me if this is the right ram for this laptop:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=6...

Also, I was wondering if eBuyer is a good place to buy Ram from, or if
there was somewhere better (by better, I guess I mean cheaper) to get it
from.

Thanks very much for any help you can give me,

-Dr Trout
June 28, 2004 4:28:10 PM

Try several memory vendor's sites and compare their recommendations
and prices. Once you confirm the specifications of memory you wish to
buy, you can shop prices. You will find variation in pricing and a
little time spent shopping can pay off. However, make certain you can
accept their return/credit policy.

"Doctor_Trout" <angelusltd@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:<8df233c98562bddb5de368f3f58b956f@localhost.talkaboutcomputing.com>...
> Hi everyone, I hope you are all well.
>
> For several years now, I've been the proud owner of a somewhat
> mischievious Packard Bell Easy One 1550 thingy. It occured to me the other
> day that it was getting on a bit now, and it was probably time I upgraded
> it, as it's getting a little bit elderly now. It has 64 megs of ram stuck
> in it's bottom, with, apparently, room for 256 megs up there
>
> I've never upgraded ram in a laptop before, so I wondered if someone could
> (be bothered to) tell me if this is the right ram for this laptop:
>
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=6...
>
> Also, I was wondering if eBuyer is a good place to buy Ram from, or if
> there was somewhere better (by better, I guess I mean cheaper) to get it
> from.
>
> Thanks very much for any help you can give me,
>
> -Dr Trout
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 29, 2004 3:29:28 AM

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 13:47:35 -0400, "Doctor_Trout" <angelusltd@yahoo.co.uk> had this to say and I
had to reply to it:

::Hi everyone, I hope you are all well.
::
[...]

Hi Dr:

http://www.memoryx.net/pabeeaone15m.html will give you an idea of what to look for. Now I have seen
a UK site here: http://householdappliances.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/ss_easy_one... which seems
pretty cheap in £'s
http://www.offtek.co.uk/product.php?maincat=1&subcat=1&...

Another poster here can tell you how to install them he has knowledge of the system and is located
in the UK.

Elector
a b D Laptop
July 7, 2004 7:54:14 PM

Dear all,

Thanks very much for all your help.

My ram arrived today. So, I put my laptop to sleep, turned him over and
unscrewed the ram flap. The instructions basically said "Unscrew laptop.
Insert ram. Job done", and I was a bit wary, but it took be all of 20
seconds to fit it in.

It works fine.

Thanks a lot,

-Doctor Trout
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 8, 2004 3:40:05 PM

"Doctor_Trout" <apples@ 50p_each> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> Thanks very much for all your help.
>
> My ram arrived today. So, I put my laptop to sleep, turned him over and
> unscrewed the ram flap. The instructions basically said "Unscrew laptop.
> Insert ram. Job done", and I was a bit wary, but it took be all of 20
> seconds to fit it in.
>
> It works fine.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> -Doctor Trout