Server 2003 Domain Policy regarding workstations locking

Hello all: I am trying to find some documentation on where in Active
directory (server 2003 version) I can force my xp and win2k clients to lock
workstations after an inactive period of 30 mins. I have approximately 350
plus computers, and dont want to visit each one to make a configuration
change manually. I am using a default domain policy via group policy editor,
and am hoping I can make a simple GPO change, in order to force workstation
logoffs, (during lunch) or when people step away into a meeting.

thank you

Walter Stepniowski schrieb:

> Hello all: I am trying to find some documentation on where in Active
> directory (server 2003 version) I can force my xp and win2k clients to lock
> workstations after an inactive period of 30 mins.

What do you think of a password protected screensaver activated after 30
minutes? That can be easily configured via GPO.

Jan

Possibly, that may work, but would I at any point have to visit these
workstations, or by GPO could i configure the screensaver password and force
the time limit?
If so, so you know which tab in the GPO or value would do that.

Walter Stepniowski wrote:

> Possibly, that may work, but would I at any point have to
> visit these workstations, or by GPO could i configure the
> screensaver password and force the time limit?
> If so, so you know which tab in the GPO or value would do that.
Hi

Under "User Configuration" and
Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Display

see the following settings:

Hide Screen Saver tab
Screen Saver
Screen Saver executable name
Password protect the screen saver
Screen Saver timeout

All those settings found by searching for "screen saver" in the
file PolicySettings.xls available at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ef3a35c0-19b9-4acc-b5be-9b7dab13108e&displaylang=en

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: