Server 2003 Domain Policy regarding workstations locking

Hello all: I am trying to find some documentation on where in Active
directory (server 2003 version) I can force my xp and win2k clients to lock
workstations after an inactive period of 30 mins. I have approximately 350
plus computers, and dont want to visit each one to make a configuration
change manually. I am using a default domain policy via group policy editor,
and am hoping I can make a simple GPO change, in order to force workstation
logoffs, (during lunch) or when people step away into a meeting.

thank you
3 answers Last reply
More about server 2003 domain policy workstations locking

    Walter Stepniowski schrieb:

    > Hello all: I am trying to find some documentation on where in Active
    > directory (server 2003 version) I can force my xp and win2k clients to lock
    > workstations after an inactive period of 30 mins.

    What do you think of a password protected screensaver activated after 30
    minutes? That can be easily configured via GPO.

    Jan

    Possibly, that may work, but would I at any point have to visit these
    workstations, or by GPO could i configure the screensaver password and force
    the time limit?
    If so, so you know which tab in the GPO or value would do that.

    Walter Stepniowski wrote:

    > Possibly, that may work, but would I at any point have to
    > visit these workstations, or by GPO could i configure the
    > screensaver password and force the time limit?
    > If so, so you know which tab in the GPO or value would do that.
    Hi

    Under "User Configuration" and
    Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Display

    see the following settings:

    Hide Screen Saver tab
    Screen Saver
    Screen Saver executable name
    Password protect the screen saver
    Screen Saver timeout

    All those settings found by searching for "screen saver" in the
    file PolicySettings.xls available at
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ef3a35c0-19b9-4acc-b5be-9b7dab13108e&displaylang=en

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Windows XP