half-life

I am asking you as a fellow Saugus, MA resident where the cheapest source
for HL2 is that you found (have seen it at Best Buy and C City for $40.) I
am a virgin as far as the Half-Life series is concerned. My wife gave me the
HL-Platinum collection for Christmas. Tomorrow is my birthday and I want
HL-2 to complete my collection. Second question, should I wait to install
HL-P until I get HL2? ps-Strider, love your posts, will be signing into your
website this afternoon. Thanks, Paul

"taltos" <paulft1@comcast.net> wrote in message
ps-Strider, love your posts, will be signing into your
> website this afternoon. Thanks, Paul

Are all Saugus, MA residents insane??? ;p

taltos wrote:
> I am asking you as a fellow Saugus, MA resident where the cheapest source
> for HL2 is that you found (have seen it at Best Buy and C City for $40.) I
> am a virgin as far as the Half-Life series is concerned. My wife gave me the
> HL-Platinum collection for Christmas. Tomorrow is my birthday and I want
> HL-2 to complete my collection. Second question, should I wait to install
> HL-P until I get HL2? ps-Strider, love your posts, will be signing into your
> website this afternoon. Thanks, Paul

A quick question comes to mind, since HL2 uses Steam. What edition of
HL2 will you be buying?

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

"Ben Cottrell" <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote in message
> taltos wrote:
>> I am asking you as a fellow Saugus, MA resident where the cheapest source
>> for HL2 is that you found (have seen it at Best Buy and C City for $40.)
>> I am a virgin as far as the Half-Life series is concerned. My wife gave
>> me the HL-Platinum collection for Christmas. Tomorrow is my birthday and
>> I want HL-2 to complete my collection. Second question, should I wait to
>> install HL-P until I get HL2? ps-Strider, love your posts, will be
>> signing into your website this afternoon. Thanks, Paul
>
> A quick question comes to mind, since HL2 uses Steam. What edition of HL2
> will you be buying?
>
> --
> Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

Ben-probably the basic retail version since the original half-life had most
of the peripheral games. Paul

taltos wrote:
>>>I am asking you as a fellow Saugus, MA resident where the cheapest source
>>>for HL2 is that you found (have seen it at Best Buy and C City for $40.)
>>>I am a virgin as far as the Half-Life series is concerned. My wife gave
>>>me the HL-Platinum collection for Christmas. Tomorrow is my birthday and
>>>I want HL-2 to complete my collection. Second question, should I wait to
>>>install HL-P until I get HL2? ps-Strider, love your posts, will be
>>>signing into your website this afternoon. Thanks, Paul
>>
>>A quick question comes to mind, since HL2 uses Steam. What edition of HL2
>>will you be buying?
>
> Ben-probably the basic retail version since the original half-life had most
> of the peripheral games. Paul

OK then, in which case, it doesn't make any difference if you install
the HL1-Platinum edition first.. When you install HL2, it will put
Steam on to your computer. Steam will convert HL1 and its mods to
Steam format and update you to the latest versions of HL, TFC,
Counter-Strike, etc.. Although, unless you want to play these games
online, you won't need to keep them Steam'ed

(if you do want to play online you will have to spend some time updating
the games, in which case you're better off downloading and installing
Steam with HL1 before you get HL2)

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

strider

taltos proclaimed...

> I am asking you as a fellow Saugus, MA resident where the cheapest source
> for HL2 is that you found (have seen it at Best Buy and C City for $40.) I
> am a virgin as far as the Half-Life series is concerned. My wife gave me the
> HL-Platinum collection for Christmas. Tomorrow is my birthday and I want
> HL-2 to complete my collection. Second question, should I wait to install
> HL-P until I get HL2? ps-Strider, love your posts, will be signing into your
> website this afternoon. Thanks, Paul

Thank you mate (I noticed) and happy birthday.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

Ah... A possible sock replacement... "Happy trails to you..."

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 02:05:41 GMT, Strider
<email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote:

> ps-Strider, love your posts, will be signing into your
>> website this afternoon. Thanks, Paul
>
>Thank you mate (I noticed) and happy birthday.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in
the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

strider

Cannon Fodder proclaimed...

> I'll Have to agree with you...

I need a new game. Anyone know when Half-life3 is coming out?

--

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Cannon Fodder proclaimed...
>
> > I'll Have to agree with you...
>
> I need a new game. Anyone know when Half-life3 is coming out?
>
> --
> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
> Homepage: stri.tk
> Free Hosting: clansites.com

I heard it was November!

Dr_Dickie wrote:

>>>I'll Have to agree with you...
>>
>>I need a new game. Anyone know when Half-life3 is coming out?
>>

> I heard it was November!

ooh, that's the cue for our "flog it to death" catchphrase .. any takers?

Oh, ok.

"What Year?!" ;)

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench