9800 pro VS 9800 XT

What are the main differences between the 9800 pro and the 9800 XT apart
from the XT being much more expensive.

Cheers.
-----
Lee.
6 answers Last reply
More about 9800 9800

    Lee wrote:

    > What are the main differences between the 9800 pro and the 9800 XT apart
    > from the XT being much more expensive.

    The main differences are that the XT uses a chip made with a different
    manufacturing process that allows higher clocking, and the made-by-ATI XTs
    have onboard temperature monitoring.

    --
    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    "Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > What are the main differences between the 9800 pro and the 9800 XT apart
    > from the XT being much more expensive.
    >
    > Cheers.
    > -----
    > Lee.

    On chip thermal diode - and faster clocked memory. Plus the chip core can
    possibly reach a higher overclock?

    In real terms the XT is only ~5-10% faster and you can get the 9800 pro for
    less than half its price

    Mark Jeffries wrote:
    > In real terms the XT is only ~5-10% faster and you can get the 9800 pro
    > for less than half its price

    And mine can overclock to 450/360MHz.

    Dunno what an XT can do.

    Ben

    The XT model is clocked faster and comes with 256 MB of video RAM, instead
    of the Pro's 128 MB of RAM.

    --
    DaveW

    "Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > What are the main differences between the 9800 pro and the 9800 XT apart
    > from the XT being much more expensive.
    >
    > Cheers.
    > -----
    > Lee.

    On Sat, 08 May 2004 09:17:23 GMT, Lee
    <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >What are the main differences between the 9800 pro and the 9800 XT apart
    >from the XT being much more expensive.

    About 10-20% performance.

Radeon ATI Graphics