9800 pro VS 9800 XT

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 8, 2004 1:17:23 PM

What are the main differences between the 9800 pro and the 9800 XT apart
from the XT being much more expensive.

Cheers.
-----
Lee.

More about : 9800 pro 9800

Anonymous
May 8, 2004 1:17:24 PM

Lee wrote:

> What are the main differences between the 9800 pro and the 9800 XT apart
> from the XT being much more expensive.

The main differences are that the XT uses a chip made with a different
manufacturing process that allows higher clocking, and the made-by-ATI XTs
have onboard temperature monitoring.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

"Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> What are the main differences between the 9800 pro and the 9800 XT apart
> from the XT being much more expensive.
>
> Cheers.
> -----
> Lee.

On chip thermal diode - and faster clocked memory. Plus the chip core can
possibly reach a higher overclock?
May 8, 2004 11:08:08 PM

In real terms the XT is only ~5-10% faster and you can get the 9800 pro for
less than half its price
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 11:10:33 PM

Mark Jeffries wrote:
> In real terms the XT is only ~5-10% faster and you can get the 9800 pro
> for less than half its price

And mine can overclock to 450/360MHz.

Dunno what an XT can do.

Ben
May 9, 2004 3:30:48 AM

The XT model is clocked faster and comes with 256 MB of video RAM, instead
of the Pro's 128 MB of RAM.

--
DaveW

"Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> What are the main differences between the 9800 pro and the 9800 XT apart
> from the XT being much more expensive.
>
> Cheers.
> -----
> Lee.
May 9, 2004 12:00:14 PM

On Sat, 08 May 2004 09:17:23 GMT, Lee
<leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>What are the main differences between the 9800 pro and the 9800 XT apart
>from the XT being much more expensive.

About 10-20% performance.