Problem with 9700pro and ViewSonic E92f+

Hey all!

I have a PowerColor Radeon9700 card and a VeiwSonic E92f+ monitor. The
problem is that the horizontal width is really messed up. The monitor (AND
ati display control thingie) is set to the smallest size available. I run
1280x1024 and it's at the same time the only resolution I'm able to get an
"ok" picture (width). I also have to press the apply button in Direct3D 3
TIMES to get it right whenever the resolution has changed eg. after a game,
after startup.

This is really frustrating. In games I can't see the whole picture because
of insufficient width and I'm really getting tired of doing the "apply"
thing 3 times after each gaming session. Anyone got an idea?

-shaviro

make sure the ACTUAL monitor driver is being used. A plug and play driver
probably won't cut it. I know that when I first got my viewsonic monitor, I
had trouble installing the driver. So I went to the website and got a
package of driver, that did the trick.

"shaviro" <shaviro@nautrup.com> wrote in message
> Hey all!
>
> I have a PowerColor Radeon9700 card and a VeiwSonic E92f+ monitor. The
> problem is that the horizontal width is really messed up. The monitor (AND
> ati display control thingie) is set to the smallest size available. I run
> 1280x1024 and it's at the same time the only resolution I'm able to get an
> "ok" picture (width). I also have to press the apply button in Direct3D 3
> TIMES to get it right whenever the resolution has changed eg. after a
game,
> after startup.
>
> This is really frustrating. In games I can't see the whole picture because
> of insufficient width and I'm really getting tired of doing the "apply"
> thing 3 times after each gaming session. Anyone got an idea?
>
> -shaviro

TRENDING THREADS