Hacks to run Ruby and Subsurface demos on 9500 cards and a..

Go here:

http://www.users.on.net/triforce/ruby/

d/l r300rubyrap.zip and follow instructions inside

d/l wrongruby.zip and extract dll to subsurface demo top dir and this will
run too.

They run a bit weird I believe (Ruby demo not quite right) but still both
good enough to watch - and they seem to run reasonably well on my 9600 Pro
although I'm convinced they'll look a hell of a lot better on the X800 cards
!!!

Andy

On Sat, 08 May 2004 15:30:46 -0700, Heywood <> wrote:

>Looked pretty good on my 9700 pro !!

Forgot to mention
Running on an MSI Athlon 64board 3200+ with 1g pc3500 ram
(stoick)...still slows a bit in spots but the texturing is beautiful
even on the 9700 pro.
Think I will wait a while before even thinking of upgrading...the 9700
pro has been a joy and I just quieted down with a VGA Silencer...works
well!

Thanks Andy,
Works fine on my 9800XT 512mb ram with Athlon2.8

Chris Bedford

"Andy Pandy" <andrew@NOSPAMPLEASEthefunhouse.plus.com> wrote in message
> Go here:
>
> http://www.users.on.net/triforce/ruby/
>
> d/l r300rubyrap.zip and follow instructions inside
>
> d/l wrongruby.zip and extract dll to subsurface demo top dir and this will
> run too.
>
> They run a bit weird I believe (Ruby demo not quite right) but still both
> good enough to watch - and they seem to run reasonably well on my 9600 Pro
> although I'm convinced they'll look a hell of a lot better on the X800
cards
> !!!
>
> Andy

On Sat, 8 May 2004 21:24:33 +0100, "Chris Bedford"
<chris.bedford69@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Thanks Andy,
> Works fine on my 9800XT 512mb ram with Athlon2.8
>

>Chris Bedford
>
>"Andy Pandy" <andrew@NOSPAMPLEASEthefunhouse.plus.com> wrote in message
>> Go here:
>>
>> http://www.users.on.net/triforce/ruby/
>>
>> d/l r300rubyrap.zip and follow instructions inside
>>
>> d/l wrongruby.zip and extract dll to subsurface demo top dir and this will
>> run too.
>>
>> They run a bit weird I believe (Ruby demo not quite right) but still both
>> good enough to watch - and they seem to run reasonably well on my 9600 Pro
>> although I'm convinced they'll look a hell of a lot better on the X800
>cards
>> !!!
>>
>> Andy

that was nice on my 9800pro 1.9gigxp barton
+512megs 333

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Ati 9800pro looks good here also...

<Heywood> schreef in bericht

In article <E4anc.981$wI4.119889@wards.force9.net>,
andrew@NOSPAMPLEASEthefunhouse.plus.com (Andy Pandy) wrote:

> http://www.users.on.net/triforce/ruby/

Thanks for that. Ruby's impressive in the flesh, so to speak, when you
stop it to look around properly at her. But I'm actually more impressed in
a way by the statue/scattering demo. If you zoom in, the translucency and
look of the marble is just stunning. Very lifelike (ie like a real
statue).

Andrew McP

Runs ok on my 9600 Pro :), though has 30fps MAX and alot les in places
but still fluid :)

Dowloaded the other demo aswell the Statue one that ones BORING, Ruby
all the way.

WHERES THE NUDE PATCH :)

We WANT RUBY NUDE he he.

On Sat, 08 May 2004 20:25:35 -0700, Heywood <> wrote:

>On Sat, 08 May 2004 15:30:46 -0700, Heywood <> wrote:
>
>>Looked pretty good on my 9700 pro !!
>

>Forgot to mention
>Running on an MSI Athlon 64board 3200+ with 1g pc3500 ram
>(stoick)...still slows a bit in spots but the texturing is beautiful
>even on the 9700 pro.
>Think I will wait a while before even thinking of upgrading...the 9700
>pro has been a joy and I just quieted down with a VGA Silencer...works
>well!

Hi All
where can I download them,looked at the ati site but couldn't find them
Ta
Smiffy

Wonder what it looks like on the card that the demo is for prob totaly
different ?

We Live For The One We Die For The One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au>
wrote in news:q71s90pcssfsa38lsdr4hch0muu9pm0g7r@4ax.com:

> Wonder what it looks like on the card that the demo is for
> prob totaly different ?

I reckon it's a safe bet they'll look even more impressive.

From the readme:

To decrease the size of the shaders so they would work on R300
class card, certain effects are now gone.
These include Depth of Field and many specular highlights. A
future version may attempt to put these back in.